PDA

View Full Version : Honda parts interchangability?

kamik333
08-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Hoping one of you long time ATC players would know of some online database that lists interchangable parts on Honda ATC's. I have an 83 185s and though it's great, would like it more if it had a reverse gear. Any Hondas with chain drive AND reverse gear? What would be the likelyhood of finding a motor/trans with reverse that would bolt in to my frame? Or would be willing to buy the Big Red rear axle, driveshaft and motor if it would fit my frame. Thanks...

old honda dealr
08-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Would be easier to sell your bike and buy a bike with reverse.

kamik333
08-18-2006, 12:25 AM
3-wheelers are pretty hard to find in my area. Only got 2 calls from a week long WTB ad in the motorcycle/ATV section and the other call was a basket case. I had been looking into buying a Big Red from ebay but the shipping of over $1000 changed my mind FAST! That being said, shipping a motor alone would be the way to go...IF IT FITS.

trikes4life
08-18-2006, 02:41 PM
3-wheelers are pretty hard to find in my area. Only got 2 calls from a week long WTB ad in the motorcycle/ATV section and the other call was a basket case. I had been looking into buying a Big Red from ebay but the shipping of over $1000 changed my mind FAST! That being said, shipping a motor alone would be the way to go...IF IT FITS.
come back to the main land, and i am sure you can find one real fast. But on the subject, that is a toatlly different frame than something with reverse. i

87250es
08-18-2006, 04:49 PM
i understand why you would want to keep your nice bike and just put a bigger motor on it but it would be a real pain in the rear end to put a shaft drive motor on a chain drive frame because of the way the axel housing is made.. i just had a bike shipped from mesa az to beaumont tx for $300. go to www.uship.com . the way it works is you post fill it out and you will receive bids from everyone that you select to send the bid form to.. i had quotes rangeing from $250 to $1500 for that haul and the last one i got shipped was from rolla, nd to beaumont, texas and it one cost me $650.
pm me for more information about uship if you decide to go that route