PDA

View Full Version : sx carb problem

pavementking68
08-14-2006, 11:04 PM
well im trying to get my 250sx runnin again after it hasnt been ran for about 1 year and i noticed the throttle cable was stuck. i looked closer at the carb and noticed that none of the parts that are supposed to mave did.inside of the carb was a white powdery substance.does any body know what this is or how i can get my carb unfrozen.i dont know why none of the parts move but i think its possibly the white substance.is the white powder maybe old gas or something?i dont know whats going on with my carb but maybe you guys do.any advice is good

jason 32
08-14-2006, 11:17 PM
try some liquid wrench on the slide - soak it
tear the carb apart,make sure all the rubber o-rings are out ,and try some carb cleaner from the auto store let it soak for a day ,take all jets out and soak them with it,if it still doesnt come clean, maby some oven cleaner? if still corroded -mabe battery acid -just make sure to neutrallize it after -dont leave it in acid long
mine was corroded like that as well-white stuff.but it was from 15 years of setting lol

pavementking68
08-15-2006, 12:13 AM
thanks for the advice,ill try some of the methods you recomended

pavementking68
08-15-2006, 10:56 PM
could i clean the carb with muriatic acid?or would it melt the slideand the other plastic parts

Erics350x
08-15-2006, 11:50 PM
no , just use carb cleaner or you can get a carb dip from napa.