PDA

View Full Version : 85 250es big red accessory plug

bigreddad
08-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Best way to hook up a cig lighter plug for spot light using the accessory plug from the headlight? Also, how to hook up a reverse light to come on with the dash indicator light ? Any ideas would be great , I just don't want to hack up the original wiring ... Thanks everyone :beer

bigreddad
08-10-2006, 08:35 PM
What would be the best way to hook up a cig lighter to the accessory plug at the headlight for a hand held spotlight? Also any ideas on how to hook up a reverse light to work with the red indicator light on the dash? Any help would be great , thanks in advance ...:beer

dufrain
08-11-2006, 12:48 AM
I would get a scotch lock and tap into the wire that goes to the reverse indicator,then run it back to a 3 dollar fog light relay, then to the light you want to light up.Hook up the relay like the package says.That way you dont hack into the wiring harness and you dont overload the circuit the reverse indicator runs on.You can pick up the stuff at autozone.

bigreddad
08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
thankyou for the replies , I"ll give it a shot ......sry for the double post , thought the first one didn't make it ...lol:beer

TravEX
08-12-2006, 09:29 AM
dufrain is right, hook up a relay. You could use a T-tap to splice into the reverse wire at the rear of the motor, I think the reverse wire in the wire on the left of the motor (?), that wire would be your turn on lead, then put the relay in the trunk with 12V power wire (remember to in-line fuse that wire) and ground, run a wire to your lights and you should be good to go. This is a great idea, I may do it myself.

Travis