PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get a REAL LOUD trike.....

speed20
04-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Friend of mine has a stock exhaust on his 200sx (quad) and says if he took the exhaust off....it would be louder than my 200x with a DG pipe on it....which i know he is F.O.S. but anyway...we came up with a bet that if mine was louder he would owe me 20$ and if his was louder...i would owe him 20$....well i was thinking about making mine even LOUDER by gettins the little coffee cans and cutting a hole on the bottom, fitting it over my pipe, and getting the big coffee cans and cutting a hole on the bottom of that and fitting it over the little can.....i have a while to think about this....im not going to rev up my newly rebuilt motor....its not worth it!!!!! but anyone have any other ideas?????

ATCkrazy
04-02-2003, 08:27 AM
yeah, put a glasspack in it(just a cheap cherry bomb for $15 at napa) worked in my buddies old suziki 230, and I know it works well in snowmobiles.

JO500R
04-02-2003, 09:15 AM
Yep, I had a friend with 400ex that put a cherry bomb on it, looked funny, but sounded like a bat out of hell. :shock:

samster143
04-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Take all of the exhaust off of the bike.....I mean straight from the exhaust port on the engine and hold the throttle wide open and see who has the balls.

plkmonster2
04-04-2003, 07:08 PM
here, be like my neighbor, use a stock pipe, cut it off after the bend from the port, and put a glass pack on it there, or you can use a fart pipe, before that tho, you can put a 90 degree fitting on it. it is pretty loud, actually, my neighbors motorcycle is probably louder than a pack of chainsaws goosed. you won't be disapointed, but your leg may get a little warm

PowerTrike
04-06-2003, 01:22 AM
yeah, put a glasspack in it(just a cheap cherry bomb for $15 at napa) worked in my buddies old suziki 230, and I know it works well in snowmobiles.

Now theres an idea for my Formula 580. Have you ever put one on a snowmobile before ATCkrazy?

speed20- you can just take the baffle out. 2 of my friends did it. Its loud. I think it sounds like crap compared to a performance pipe, but they seem to like it...... :D