PDA

View Full Version : 200x rear shock recharge

ts19464
08-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Hello all...

I was wondering if any of you know a good place to get my rear shock rebuilt / recharged? I asked the local honda dealer and they had no clue. I live in Eastern PA , a local shop would be great but I am not opposed to the idea of shipping it out for service.

Thanks!
Tom
Pottstown, Pa

PS, Great site! Ton's of helpful info!

Solid Snake
08-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Look in the yellow pages under motorcycle repair and call around. Almost any shop will recharge a shock, I had our 200x's done at a local shop here in Lancaster which is maybe an hour from Pottstown. The guy that did it usually works solely on Harley's and such but he said it was no problem at all.

jason 32
08-11-2006, 02:20 AM
they have a bladder inside of them ,it has nothing to do with the oil
i did mine my self - first time,little tricky without a spec sheet .((( you can get new seals from race tech thats where i got mine be carefull with the bushing,pressing it in -luckily mine want wore out 1-951-279-6655
fill it full of oil,bleed it and make sure to get all the air out)))
they were 41.94 to my door, but didnt include the o ring for piston so be sure to tell them you need it ,i dont see why you cant fill with air , it doesn't mix with the oil,to keep it from fading ,i used air and its fine,they said to fill it to like 284 psi
or this guy said he could do it -(pro race)--1-866-478-3732 ?? i think 150.00
you decide

ts19464
08-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the advice. I'll check out the yellow pages.

Tom
Pottstown, Pa

Solid Snake
08-11-2006, 11:50 AM
they have a bladder inside of them ,it has nothing to do with the oil
i did mine my self - first time,little tricky without a spec sheet .((( you can get new seals from race tech thats where i got mine be carefull with the bushing,pressing it in -luckily mine want wore out 1-951-279-6655
fill it full of oil,bleed it and make sure to get all the air out)))
they were 41.94 to my door, but didnt include the o ring for piston so be sure to tell them you need it ,i dont see why you cant fill with air , it doesn't mix with the oil,to keep it from fading ,i used air and its fine,they said to fill it to like 284 psi
or this guy said he could do it -(pro race)--1-866-478-3732 ?? i think 150.00
you decide

150.00 is way too much. Any local shop will do all that for about 50-70 bucks. The guy that did mine took it all apart, fresh oil, recharged it, made certain it was working and charged us 60.00 and it really did make a huge difference. Before the thing made terrible noise when you sat on the trike, now it makes no noise and works like new.