PDA

View Full Version : bought a rough yamaha

hondahaulic
08-07-2006, 02:10 AM
this morning i bought an old yamaha 3 wheeler with a ceased up engine. the only reason i bought it was so i could put the telescopic front forks and all the tires on my 1984 honda 200s. i dont know much about the yamahas so im wondering how to tell what year it is. i used the specs. page on 3ww to figure out that its either an 83,84,or 85 YTM 225DXK tri-moto. its shaft drive, has a rear monoshock, and has electric start. it looks like its in pretty rough shape but the important stuff is mostly all there. what do you guys think its worth? and would it be worth parting out on ebay?

oh and by the way, the front forks actually work quite nicely on an 84 honda 200s lol. whoever had the honda before me decided that it would be cool to put a solid front end from a smaller trike on it. and yesterday my friend decided that it would be fun to wipe out on it at a gravel pit and have the front tire nail a tree, bending the forks back.

but yea if anyone knows, id like to know how to tell what year it is and what its worth. oh and if anyone needs any parts i could probably work with you.

edog
08-07-2006, 07:18 AM
We need pics.

hondahaulic
08-07-2006, 11:17 PM
yea ill try to get pics tomorrow