PDA

View Full Version : Chain Slider

smyers33
08-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Do to my lack of knowledge on these machines I am wondering where do you tighten the chain on my 86 200x. I raised the chainslider up and tightened it... Is that it? My father also said something about the chain stretching? I don't know.:wondering

deathman53
08-04-2006, 08:36 PM
you loosen the two 10mm nuts in the back of the carrier, then turn the carrier, retighten the bolts when done. Most honda's are like this.

smyers33
08-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Sorry for not knowing what you are talking about... I went out and looked around the chain... The only 2 nuts I see is the 2 nuts on the sprocket...(nuts on a stud, or just a bolt not sure) and the 1 nut and 1 bot on the chain slider... Please explain more due to my inexperience with these machines.

TimSr
08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
The rear axle carrier, the part of the swingarm that the axle goes through. There is an aluminum sleeve (carrier) with the axle bearings in it that holds the rear axle. This aluminum carrier rotates within the swingarm, and is actually offset like cam. You rotate it to tighten or loosen the chain. It is held in position by two allen bolts on the back of the swingarm which must be loosened before you can rotate it, and then retigtened when you get it where you want it.

Picture is of a 250r swinger with carrier removed, but same setup. Purple arrows indicate allen bolts to be loosen.

smyers33
08-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Awesome... Thanks a lot that picture, and your explanation was just what I needed. I'm going to go out tomarow morning and do it first thing. Thanks for not criticising(sp?) me on my lack of knowledge. Thanks again!:p