PDA

View Full Version : 350x axle removal question

jagcrue1
08-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi Guys,
I am having some trouble removing the rear axle on my 86 350x. I have losened the inner locking nut, but can't seam to loosen the outer one. Am I correct that they are both left hand theaded? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Bryan Raffa
08-04-2006, 11:40 AM
there both thred the same way try some heat and lube.

wolfspider
08-04-2006, 11:54 AM
hi the axle nuts have a left hand thread which means they move towards the disk when you loosen them, this then moves the nut away from a collar that has a snap ring underneath, remove the snap ring and the axle nut and thread will pull off the axle. hope this helps.
steve

cartmanchubs
08-15-2006, 04:07 AM
I was just working on mine and that axle nut was definently a pain in the butt. The reason why it was so hard for me was because it was so big counldn't find a good wrench to get on there. Now the problem I'm having is getting the part that you bolt the sprocket to off. Any ideas? It looks like it has some kind of snap ring under it too. Any help would be appreciated.

Bryan Raffa
08-15-2006, 07:45 AM
I was just working on mine and that axle nut was definently a pain in the butt. The reason why it was so hard for me was because it was so big counldn't find a good wrench to get on there. Now the problem I'm having is getting the part that you bolt the sprocket to off. Any ideas? It looks like it has some kind of snap ring under it too. Any help would be appreciated.

you have to crank it in twards the sprocket till you can get the snap ring off then turn it back out to take it off