PDA

View Full Version : please decode and tuneup specs

Jim mac
08-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Hi I just picked up a honda 70 motor basket case, guy gave it to his son to learn how to disassemble a motor. He didn't split the case, just yanked the head and cylinder. flywheel stator, points, and the other side of the case. I figured the cylinder and head install, lined up the cam. there is 3 wires going to the case a black dark green and a light green with red stripe the last I believe goes to the neutral safety switch. the other two is still hooked up to the stator and points.
Can you tell me what to set the points at? Amongst the box of parts is a small copper washer, it looks like a thrust washer, could anyone tell me what its for? I think its like a 5 or 6 mm hole in it. the serial number on the motor is TB03E 2900827 if that would help decode what year the motor is.
I may end up using the upper end on a Z50 mini bike I just picked up, motor is a 69, will that work? thanks Jim

Howdy
08-03-2006, 04:00 AM
Serial number shows it as a 1984 motor. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/1984HondaSpecpage.shtml

Howdy

Jim mac
08-03-2006, 09:33 AM
would anyone have the point gap spec? would it be the same as the Z50 .012-.016. does any other carb work on this motor? thanks Jim