PDA

View Full Version : 110 running horrible

super90
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I can start up my 110 and it will idle fine, but when i rev it up it stays at a high RPM for a few seconds then slowly back down. I just put a cobra exhaust on it today and it seems alright because the previous owner had some kind of aftermarket exhaust on it so i guess its already jetted. Could this be running too lean? I was thinking maybe something stuck in the jets? And is it bad to have a tiny leak around the exhaust port?

Tri-ZNate
08-01-2006, 06:42 PM
does the throtle return or does it stick. Could be a sticky throttle or a gummy carb

super90
08-02-2006, 12:03 AM
throttle returns, could this be getting too much gas? And my float gasket leaks slightly.

Pete
08-02-2006, 08:36 AM
sounds lean. If the throttle isn't sticking, generally high idle or bikes that won't idle down is caused by lean jetting, or an air leak.

My 110 had an airleak where the intake manifold was bolted onto the head.

super90
08-02-2006, 03:57 PM
I think your right abou the air leak? The manifold bolt is somewhat stripped so it has a small leak, and i think its running a little lean? What size are the stock jets? Im going to go up a couple sizes today.

Pete
08-02-2006, 07:27 PM
I would fix the air leak or it will never run right. While the machine is running, spray some WD-40 around the suspected air leak point. If there is a leak, the WD will be sucked in through the leaking area and make the engine run strange. You will notice the difference. You should fix it with a heli coil or by tapping the head/manifold out to the next larger size.

super90
08-02-2006, 11:31 PM
You were right about the air leak, The wd40 got sucked in and it revved out very high. Now that thats taken care of, When i keep the choke off the it will idle great, but whenever i give it some throttle it bogs bad.? When the chokes on it runs fine. Im guessing go up a couple jet sizes? Oh and the float bowl leaks a little if that makes any difference?. And would a helicoil work on a stripped head for the exhaust?

Pete
08-02-2006, 11:51 PM
pull the top off the carb, and lower the clip position on the needle a clip or two. I run mine on the next to last clip from the bottom.

The leaky float bowl should be able to be fixed with a new o ring on the bowl..or if its leaking out the overflow, the needle and seat has debris in it, or the float level is set too high.

a heli coil should work for the exhaust...I don't remember if the 110 has studs the exhaust slips over, or just uses bolts.

kando
08-03-2006, 02:26 AM
Fix the air leak first, then see how it runs. Then go from there, you might not have to change jets.

cliff2302
08-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Clean your carborator before you mess with the jetting. Gotta start with the basics, then work your way up.

super90
08-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Well everything with the carb is fixed now and theres no more leaks with the air/fuel. But the exhaust threads where the bolt goes to hold the header are stripped horribly. The hole where its stripped connects to the exhaust manifold. It broke through the metal about 5cm so now it leaks around the header? :wondering What would i do about this? I was thinking about filling it with some JB Weld so theres no more hole, and put a stud in there?