PDA

View Full Version : Redkote Again! Bugger!

atcmatt
08-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Well I was about to do the third coat of this stuff and decided to look in the tank as i let it dry overnight. I see a big puddle of the coating on the bottom edges of the tank! It is still squishy and I cant see it drying completely. I cannot understand why it has done this. I mean, I swished it all around and let the excess drain out for half an hour, swished it around some more, looked inside and it was all evenly coated and no puddles, then i let it sit and look in the morning and there is big puddles!!! What am I doing wrong?? What can I do about these puddles? Will they ever dry, or will they be ok to stay a little bit wet??

Please Help Me! Many Thanks!

Matt

Howdy
08-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Puddles will take a while to dry, but they will dry. It may take 3-4 days.
Howdy

Solid Snake
08-01-2006, 11:29 AM
When you leave the tank to dry prop it up at an angle so that the excess goes out of the petcock opening (with the petcock removed of course). Leave it like that for about a day then turn it upside down so the excess comes out of the gas cap opening.

atcmatt
08-02-2006, 03:10 AM
Thanks alot Howdy and Snake, I guess I will just have to wait it out, the trike has been out of action for months, I dont see what an extra week or two will hurt.

Matt