PDA

View Full Version : Dam it ! - Broken Bolt's & Oil Drain Plug leak's

ceaserthethird
07-31-2006, 02:19 PM
All right was working on the ATC 250R this weekend -

1. Putting in new foot peg's - got Left Side Off , the Right Side Foot Peg bolt's Broke Off on the frame :cry: ....

They Broke Flush on the Frame.

What's a Few Different Way's to ReMove these Broken bolt's ???

.................................................. .................................................. ............

2. My Trans Oil Drain Plug is Leaking - What's the Best fix's ? :confused:

.................................................. .................................................. ............

smyers33
07-31-2006, 04:06 PM
You can use an Easy out... It's a reverse drill bit. Craftsman makes them.

topoortorideon4
07-31-2006, 04:07 PM
just drill in the middle and you will be okay.

Bryan Raffa
07-31-2006, 04:09 PM
drill it out..tap it.. and helicoil it.. try the easy out first with heat

oil plug... stripped, no nylon washer, case cracked from overtighting..????

ceaserthethird
07-31-2006, 05:02 PM
Is their a NYLON washer for the Oil Plug ?

Where to get ?

jason 32
07-31-2006, 11:49 PM
cases- drill -re tap bigger if you can-( better than a helicoil)
center punch - so it will drill in the middle
heat it up if possible,or soak some spray on it
tap on it to loosen it up!!
drill it and try a easy out if it doesn't wan't to come out don't break the easy out off in it!!!
keep drilling it out
take your time there a pain in the asss!!!

Paysts
08-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Why drill anything? That's the hard way. Do you have experience drilling, or for that matter do you want to drill your engine?

I don't think so. Just get one of those plugs where you put them in, and then when you start to turn the outter end of it, it will expand the portion that goes in to the engine and creates an oil tight seal. That happened to my engine, and we started to tap it, but then my mechanic saved us about an hours worth of labor and just got that ingenious little plug in. Can't remember the name, though.

Ordo
08-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Well I had a stripped out oil plug in my R and dropped in a Dorman over sized plug with the piggy back bolt. I just cleaned all the oil out real well, put some red lock tight on the main plug and havent had a problem sence. And if you go with the piggy back style you don't have to woory about stripping out the aluminum again. You can get them at O'Reilly's for under 3 bucks. Just take you old bolt in with you to get the right oversize.