PDA

View Full Version : Carb Problem - Help Please!

b182tm
07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey guys. So I went out to the trike the other day to go riding, and there was gasoline leaking from the carb, around the gasket part. There was a small puddle on the engine casing from it leaking. I got a towel and cleaned it up, and rode. It was really bad. It doesnt get to full RPM's, and it's all jerky, feels like im flooring it then letting off the gas, when I'm just holding the gas steady. I just recently got a new gas tank, and added an inline fuel filter instead of the gas tank one. Those are the only recent changes. I did take the carb apart a few months ago, but it was fine up until yesterday. I turned the gas to off and it stopped leaking...Any help is appreciated. What could the problem be? Should I take the carb apart and check the floats? Thanks for the help.

Derek

Unclediezel
07-31-2006, 07:37 PM
there is a P>O>S> stuck in your needle and seat. ---Dissasemble , clean, reassemble and ride-------That should do it.

b182tm
07-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Ok, thanks. Have you had the same problem or heard of it before? Also, what is the seat of the carb? Thanks.

D

84honda200s
07-31-2006, 09:14 PM
i have and he is rite clen it and go

atcsteve
07-31-2006, 09:25 PM
The seat is where the end of the needle goes into!Sounds like you got something in the plunger thats on the floats!

jason 32
07-31-2006, 10:52 PM
un less the needle is worn out - look close at the tip of it ,see if there are any grooves in the needle -replace it if it is bad you might as well replace the seat--- ( housing ) as well check the float height before reassembly
--attatch a long fuel hose to carb (empty)-- turn it upside down and blow through it----- you shouldnt be able to!! ,as it will be in the off position

b182tm
08-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Cool, thanks a lot for the help guys. I will try it sometime this week. So something that is in there that causes the floats to stick will cause it to be full of gas, which causes the gas leaking? Thanks again guys.

Derek

Unclediezel
08-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Almost----

Not familiar with hondas--so I dont know if you have a fuel pump or not--

If not it will be gravity fed--But something has to stop the flow of gas when the carb is full---If the gas isnt stopped , it just runs out the first place it can find....usually a vent.

trikes4life
08-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Almost----

Not familiar with hondas--so I dont know if you have a fuel pump or not--

If not it will be gravity fed--But something has to stop the flow of gas when the carb is full---If the gas isnt stopped , it just runs out the first place it can find....usually a vent.

gas fills the bowl up with gas, needle connected to float, float rises as the gas, so does the needle, needle plugs the seat hole. when the needle does not seat, gas keeps leaking out.