PDA

View Full Version : CNC almost running

SpeedBump
07-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Here is a quick pic of a triple clamp idea........He said he can make darn near anything...... he was being goofy and put horns out front for fun!!!! Silly machinist!!!

We are thinkin about building tops clamps for T3s, ATC250Rs 350Xs and 200Xs. The price should be about $200 for just a top clamp.

We are also interested in reproducing the BOTTOM clamp for the HRC ShortTrack Kit. We need a donor clamp for the measurements. Anyone interested in lending us a lower clamp....you will get a prototype for JUST the cost of the material and shipping. We will give you back your clamp, too. :naughty:

If these are in demand, we can pop em out fairly cheap. Anyway....I'm on the phone with him right now, so here is a pic...lemme know what you guys think.

DeePa
07-30-2006, 08:18 PM
id like a titanium 110 frame for 50 bucks please...

lol haha

good luck

mike

SpeedBump
07-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Fine, but YOU pay shipping.

team-red-rider
07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
would u be able to make like atc 70 90 and 110 frames maybe even atc seat pans

SpeedBump
07-30-2006, 10:58 PM
HE was KIDDING about the FRAMES. I thought we went over this in the last thread....No, no frames. Simple things that can be made on a CNC. The chunk of Aluminum for a complete seat pan? Come on.....think a bit would ya please. I am sorry for being harsh, but do you really think it is worth our effort to build these things you are asking about? Who would buy them? Would you buy one? Are you going to shell out $1000 for an aluminum seat pan? $1000 for a complete frame? Think about how large a block of aluminum will have to be to machine this stuff. There is no market for that stuff. Please do not ask about them anymore.

3leggeddog
07-30-2006, 11:07 PM
you dick!!!!haha,make me a freakin airplane dude,come on,you know i'm good for it.i may be interested,but not sure.is this the same guy that build yourS for the conversion?whats the scoop on custom engraving?can i get 3LEGG,or even BATWING on em?

trikes4life
07-31-2006, 11:16 AM
go to a scrape yard and get a frame.

trikes4life
07-31-2006, 11:24 AM
what about front sproket cover for a 185s and 200s there the same. Mabe a custom design.

SYKO
07-31-2006, 12:24 PM
what about bigger tripple clamps for inverted forks on 250r's? I would buy that

3leggeddog
07-31-2006, 09:17 PM
what about bigger tripple clamps for inverted forks on 250r's? I would buy that

i think thats the topic here.if your gonna make tripples,why not upgrade?

atctim
08-01-2006, 08:55 AM
any thoughts from any 350X owners about inverted triples for the thumper??? I would be very interested in this? Derrick, 3Leg, 350Xlerration(sp) - I know there are some guys who ride their 350X's hard and was wondering your thoughts on this. I would shell out some jing for this upgrade.

Also - if Brandon gets an airplane, I want a helicopter.

And - if Team-Red-Rider gets a Frame, could you machine me a gas tank for a 200s. I know they are plentiful on ebay and through members here, but I would like you to do that for me.

SYKO
08-01-2006, 09:10 AM
if you do tripples for inverted forks, make them big and offer sleeves to fit in the holes as different people would use different forks for them, that way it would be like a universal set of tripples for inverted forks, sorry for blabbin away at the mouth, but seriously I woulld buy a set of tripples for inverts how much would they cost roughly? how about a ported billet airbox lid (well i gouse you could just cut a peice of flat metel for that) somehting to run larger discs and calipers frotn and rear?

let me shut up before i get killed

Dusty
08-01-2006, 09:56 AM
yea actually me and brandon been goin over this idea for 350x inverts...so bump ide deff take a top and bottom set......

Mrs.Mosh
08-01-2006, 04:24 PM
are the yammie guys being left out then?lol

cragster
08-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I bet the 86 87 200x guys would like some tank shrouds..Then they could paint them and make em look all shiny and stuff. lol

pinkhonda
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
I bet the 86 87 200x guys would like some tank shrouds..Then they could paint them and make em look all shiny and stuff. lol

Wouldn't tank shrouds again be a stamping process? CNC machining: take a big block of aluminum, carve out what you are making. 200X Inverts would be nice too - may even be able to use 350X or 250R clams as the stem diameter and length are the same.

OldSchoolin86
08-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Wouldn't tank shrouds again be a stamping process? CNC machining: take a big block of aluminum, carve out what you are making.
You could make them with a CNC in any material but if the top clamp is $200 then it would be like a $500 set of shrouds.

3leggeddog
08-01-2006, 06:25 PM
well tim i run 250r forks on my 350x,but you are deff. on to something.the 350x suspionsion is inferior.the machine is heavy,and the forks,and shock are not enough.a upgrade for the 350x is a must have for seriuos riders.i barely jump my x cause i know better,and it still bottoms out.

y2kane
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Yes you are correct he probably could make just about anything with in reason. I run a CNC laser that is supposed to be able to cut 0.750" Steel. I have cut .625" steel, and .250" alum and Stainless. Where I work We have 7 CNC lasers, 3 CNC Rotarys, and 2 CNC mills. I have access to all types and sizes of steel and aluminum. Lasers and Rotarys can cut anything that is flat. The mills can make the other parts. In the next room to where I work they have about 30 Brake presses so anything we cut we bend. This is the kind of stuff we make everyday. I just wish I had the time to sell this stuff I could make. I have cut out alot of "Home" projects but never thought about make my 3 wheeler parts. Sorry if this has been a boring read but I am kind of proud of the job I have and I didn't mean to brag at all. Just seeing the cad drawing sparked my interest, and made me think "hey I could cut that out" and "why haven't I been making my own 3 wheeler parts". Duh!! me bad!

well thanks for listen to me babble.

SpeedBump
08-01-2006, 07:46 PM
If you guys watch Ebay and other Internet Sites, you will see there are LOTS of new Companies popping up machining, stamping, building ATV parts, but very few, if any specializing in Three Wheelers. About the only pieces you can buy for the 3 wheelers are ones that interchange with some sort of Quad. (yes, there are some, but NOT enough) We don't have any idea if there is a sizeable market for any of these things, but once the initial program is made....there is no real cost involved in NOT making them. I will be helping with the CAD design and do most of the selling/marketing and he will do all the machine work. Who knows were this will go, but I think it is cool to try to get some really trick parts out there built. It doesn't matter if we only make a couple of this, a few of these, and one of that, we still want to do stuff. If you know what you want done....draw up a sketch with some GOOD measurements and send it to me. We'll look it over, see what it would take to make, and then shoot ya a price.

The machine is up and running....just need your money and what ya want. We are meeting tomorrow to do my new triples for the ATCR250. I'll let ya know how things are workin out.

Dammit!
08-01-2006, 08:14 PM
If you guys watch Ebay and other Internet Sites, you will see there are LOTS of new Companies popping up machining, stamping, building ATV parts, but very few, if any specializing in Three Wheelers. About the only pieces you can buy for the 3 wheelers are ones that interchange with some sort of Quad. (yes, there are some, but NOT enough) We don't have any idea if there is a sizeable market for any of these things, but once the initial program is made....there is no real cost involved in NOT making them. I will be helping with the CAD design and do most of the selling/marketing and he will do all the machine work. Who knows were this will go, but I think it is cool to try to get some really trick parts out there built. It doesn't matter if we only make a couple of this, a few of these, and one of that, we still want to do stuff. If you know what you want done....draw up a sketch with some GOOD measurements and send it to me. We'll look it over, see what it would take to make, and then shoot ya a price.

The machine is up and running....just need your money and what ya want. We are meeting tomorrow to do my new triples for the ATCR250. I'll let ya know how things are workin out.

I sent you a long list of parts I can send. I doubt I'll be doing any riding for at least a month or more so now is a good time to send stuff out so you don't have to really rush anything. Take a look at the list when you get a chance and let me know which of those items you think are realistic and I'll get them sent out asap. :beer

350Xhilaration
08-01-2006, 10:28 PM
The 350X suspension blows. I can't stand the clacking I hear each year at TF on the MX track. Hmmm...maybe if I didn't case it every jump...

Even when I don't case it the forks compress totally and so does the rear shock.

Better suspension options would be nice. Even I might consider upgrading.

Dammit!
08-01-2006, 11:54 PM
The 350X suspension blows. I can't stand the clacking I hear each year at TF on the MX track. Hmmm...maybe if I didn't case it every jump...

Even when I don't case it the forks compress totally and so does the rear shock.

Better suspension options would be nice. Even I might consider upgrading.

Find something the right diameter and put spacers on top of the springs in the forks. Makes a big difference. I used 2 inch spacers in my R and it no longer bottoms out at the dunes.

86tri-z270
08-02-2006, 12:02 AM
yea this is gay.... leavin out the yamaha guys..... i see how it is

SpeedBump
08-02-2006, 07:50 AM
yea this is gay.... leavin out the yamaha guys..... i see how it is

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=55151

Before you get your Panites in a Bunch....re-read the original thread. Tri-Zs are mentioned.

Instead of being a smartwanker, try offering a legit idea. Are you ACTUALLY going to BUY anything for your Tri-Z, or do you just like the attention that being a whiner brings? Are you just a :postwhore ? :lol:

As for you Tri-Z fans...I got nothin against your machines. I didn't leave out the Tri-Z on purpose. Ronnie already makes some stuff for your Mounts, and I don't see him getting rich from all the spending. We want to sell stuff, so if you own a Yamma.....and will BUY....give us your ideas and will can make the stuff. As wise men have always said.....Cash Talks, BullSh*t Walks! :naughty:

SpeedBump
09-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Don't get all worked up just yet.....the first official pieces are almost ready. Here is a couple quick pics of the brake blockoffs. They are not completely finished...as they will need more polishing and then the engraving on the tops.

He is over at the shop right now cutting some more for me to polish up. Once he gets them back all nice and shiney....he will put on what you want. Tri-Z, ATC, T3, (OTC ;) ) Heck, if you want your name, or anything else you can let us know, and we can put it on...(as long as it will fit)

Now for the cost....
I have seen blockoffs for as little as $10 and for as much as $29.
I figure $20 shipped is not that much to ask for a totally custom (not available anywhere else) engraved brake blockoff.

Doug. Thanks for the donors and he is gonna hit up the aftermarket throttle cover and case saver next.

SYKO
09-14-2006, 08:56 PM
man that sukx I jsut bought a brake block off yesturday!

SpeedBump
09-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Take it back! :w00t:

Dammit!
09-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Looking sweet dude!

jason85atc250r
09-14-2006, 09:58 PM
just letting you know we found out trying to but a block off plate from a old 250r on a new ltz400 that the post is longer on the back of the caliper.. the one the moves when the ebrake is applied and pushed the piston. the yfz;s and trx450r's are the same.

just letting you know incase you copied a older one that you mite get some disgruntaled customers when it wont fit.

Levithan
09-15-2006, 03:13 AM
What about engine cases, jugs, and things of that sort? And brake calipers.

SpeedBump
09-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Go back and read from the beginning.

Jason, thanks for the heads up...I'll check the clearance.

Ordo
09-15-2006, 10:37 PM
SpeedBump, can you guys use AutoCad files if I sent them for the parts I might need custom built? I know you can get all the deminsions off of the files but diidn't know if you could interface the Cad program to save time on loading up everything into the CNC program.

SpeedBump
09-15-2006, 11:16 PM
He uses MasterCad. I believe the Autocad files would be the same. If you want to send one to my Email...speedbump613@adelphia.net go ahead and I will get it to him and we will see how it works.

SpeedBump
09-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Here is the blockoff finished.....

Also got the fork caps finished. Look awesome if ya ask me.

3leggeddog
09-17-2006, 08:12 PM
WOW,super sick.can i have you make me a block off,and a few forks caps?send me some info,or hell give a call,let's talk

Dammit!
09-17-2006, 08:22 PM
That hexagon shaped piece is a fork cap? Wasn't expecting that. Looks cool. Can he make them round with the same OD as the 86 R fork tube (39mm)?

Sent you a pm with another idea for you guys that might be worth looking into the other day. Would be killer if you could pull it off. :)

jason85atc250r
09-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Go back and read from the beginning.

Jason, thanks for the heads up...I'll check the clearance.

no problem just letting to save you some problems.

SpeedBump
09-17-2006, 08:40 PM
That hexagon shaped piece is a fork cap? Wasn't expecting that. Looks cool. Can he make them round with the same OD as the 86 R fork tube (39mm)?

Sent you a pm with another idea for you guys that might be worth looking into the other day. Would be killer if you could pull it off. :)

Can't make em round....no lathe yet. We kinda wanted to try the HEX shape....may look good, may not. The only thin he can do to change them...is to add more sides to round it out some more.

As for the PM. I did read it, but haven't talked to him as of yet. That is a very good idea. I'm gonna try to get my hands on one to look at it, or just snatch up a 3 wheeler one and see how much it would take.

The price for THAT piece would kinda be steep, I'm thinkin.... $50-$75 range.

You like the BLockoff? WHat do you want on yours? You are getting some freebies heading your way....lemme know what ya want on it....ANYTHING that will fit can be engraved. Thanks again Doug.

jason85atc250r
09-17-2006, 08:59 PM
it's cool how you'll ingrave whatever people want they should sell really good. i have one on everythong i own or i would get some + i cant use one on my trx250r since i did a yz front caliper swap on the back. it almost bolted rite on.

firefirefire90
09-17-2006, 09:10 PM
So whatcha gonna do with your old tripples? By the way, I think what your doing will benefit the 3wheeling world greatly. Great stuff!

SpeedBump
09-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Not sure what gonna be happening with my ATCR....I'll get back to you with that.

As for the parts...Doug, here ya go!!!! Yours is looking awesome.

SpeedBump
09-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Don't kow if we can sell any of the ones with a Pentagram, unless a certain guy out in AZ says it is cool!

Dammit!
09-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Not sure what gonna be happening with my ATCR....I'll get back to you with that.

As for the parts...Doug, here ya go!!!! Yours is looking awesome.

Oh hell yeah. :beer

Any word on making those fork caps look like a gear?

SpeedBump
09-19-2006, 07:08 PM
not a gear just yet, but the 12 sided cap is in the works....want a pentagram on it too? Plain? You name it brutha! I'll send him a message about the gear.....thinkin that may be a bit too complex for now, but maybe cut a "gear" into the top of it....instead of makin the whole cap into a gear shape? ? We'll see.

As for gettn the originals back to you...he has been up till 11-12 each night after work (at the shop) trying to get stuff all sketched out so the parts can be sent back to you.

He is gonna be makin some REALLY cool mastercylinder covers....

Instead of having the traditional "WARNING...blah, blah, blah...." These will have some Funny and unique "WARNING....." on them. At first glance, they will look stock, but then you READ it and :w00t: .

SpeedBump
09-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Doug, I just whipped this up quick....Gear design with ATC in it. Somethin like this will do?

Dammit!
09-19-2006, 08:07 PM
I was thinking more like one of these (with the pentagrams of course). Actually I'll need a second set with the Yamaha tuning forks logo for the Z as well.

http://www.buyolympia.com/combined/images/sts_gear_lg.jpg

http://www.yourdictionary.com/images/ahd/jpg/A4wormge.jpg

SpeedBump
09-19-2006, 10:08 PM
He is havin a bit of trouble getting the tuning fork pic to load correctly. I sent him a few choices, and none of them with convert to a usable format. He is gonna still work at it (as am I) The top gear is kinda neat...you want it with the Pgram? and also a set with the tuning fork in the middle, right?
I'll get on it.

Dammit!
09-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Yep!

Not sure what I want on the throttle cover and the brake res cover yet.

SpeedBump
09-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Something along these lines will work?

Dammit!
09-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Is uNF! an acceptable answer? :lol:

Edit: :drool:

SpeedBump
09-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I take that as a "you like" ?

Dammit!
09-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Oh yes. I like.

That outer circle is 39mm right?

SpeedBump
09-19-2006, 11:45 PM
No idea...I just made up the drawing...It will and can be anything you need it to be. Like I said before, can't really make it round, but the design can be round, and fit right at the edge of the 12 side cap. They will be right to the edge, just like the original plastic ones. I imagine he can just machine in the gears and then engrave the logo in the middle. These will be emailed to him tonight, and I'll talk to him tomorrow after work. Glad ya like!

Oh ya, I told him about yout "idea" for the "theme" ......E. D. and he said he can make ya up some awesome Triple Clamps.. HORNED!!! Go back and look at the very first post in this thread.

Dammit!
09-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Oh ya, I told him about yout "idea" for the "theme" ......E. D. and he said he can make ya up some awesome Triple Clamps.. HORNED!!! Go back and look at the very first post in this thread.

:eek:

Now that would be something. Gonna have to wait until I sell a few more houses though. I want to do the triples and inverts all at once. :lol:

How much would just an upper triple for the stock forks cost?

Yamahondaman
09-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Did Somebody say ..... CNC Lathe ??? :Bounce

Dammit!
09-20-2006, 07:35 PM
This thread is making me horny. :twisted: :beer

Yamahondaman
09-20-2006, 08:52 PM
i'm TOO OLD for that now "i think" ?? soooooooo..................
i brought up the progam "while on the clock" and made (THIRTEEN) Set's of em and after Looking at some of the ideas that you guys "gals" where looking at on this Thread i was thinking ...."can THAT Tuning Fork Be Put On MY Chit" ????
:wondering

Dammit!
09-20-2006, 09:23 PM
i brought up the progam "while on the clock" and made (THIRTEEN) Set's of em

Thirteen, eh? Hmmm... Coincidence? :lol:

Yamahondaman
09-20-2006, 09:47 PM
THIRTEEN !!!! DAN MARINO !!!! the wife LOVES IT !!!

Dammit!
09-20-2006, 09:51 PM
THIRTEEN !!!! DAN MARINO !!!! the wife LOVES IT !!!

It might be Dan Marino to your Floridians, but out here in the desert it's The MVP Steve Nash. :D

http://www.misterbryans.com/misterbryans/images/steve_nash2_1.jpg

SpeedBump
09-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey Doug...I got some parts REAL close to shipping. Still waitin on the tap for the caps, but got the top side finished. This is about the best he can get with the CNC he has. (wtihout having to spend an hour run time on each cap)

12 Sides that should fit to the edge without any overhang. Can have what you want put on them, these have the requested "DARK" symbol! :w00t:

Got a case saver finished (save for the engraving.) and wants to know if you want it plain, or with something on it....kinda where the "R" is on the original you sent us.

The block-offs are ready to roll. $20 each (polished extra, I hate polishing)
Doug and OTC guys...send me a PM...need some info.

chris200x
09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
That rezzy cap is freakin sweet! lol... So that is for the R? Or is it pretty much universal?

Howard
09-24-2006, 08:46 PM
ahhh hell i like all this stuff, damn

Dammit!
09-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh dude all of those are awesome. Big improvement on the fork caps too. I like them a lot.

PM incoming.

hrc85250r
09-24-2006, 09:39 PM
so those fork caps fit on what models? and the rez cover fits on what models?

01400ex
09-24-2006, 10:01 PM
how about handlebar clamps! can u make custome clamps?

SpeedBump
09-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Those particular ones are made for a 250R... I am not 100% sure what else they will fit...the stems ahould all be the same thread, and the size of these is just shy of 39mm. (95% sure)..We are going to make them for Tri-Zs, 350Xs, T3s, 200Xs IF people will want them, and BUY them. $25.00 a pair.

As for Handlebar clamps, one piece like the LoneStar Dogbone style? Possible. Lots of companies out there doing them already for the Quads. Not sure if it would be profitable. My buddy has to make MONEY at this...$500/month payment on his CNC. Can't spend valuable time building stuff that will not sell real well. Lots of hours in set-up.

3leggeddog
11-12-2006, 09:31 PM
well i finally got my otc e-brake block off today,f-n sweet man.i like those fork caps too craig,and you know x-mas is coming.maybe you and mamma bump can get little send a letter to santa for me!!,lol.thanks dude,it's awesome!

SpeedBump
11-12-2006, 10:22 PM
We'll see what the FAT Man has in his bag later in a bit! :w00t:

Meat-BoX
12-10-2006, 01:20 AM
I have an 84-85 Tecate and would like some sweet parts like what you are making. Let us know if you will be making any Tecate stuff. Im sure the Green riders will help support your good projects.:beer

350Xhilaration
07-09-2007, 11:24 PM
I finally finished rebuilding his website and went "Live" a few minutes ago. SEE BELOW. I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE "NEW" WEBSITE

http://www.xtremebilletparts.com

Some of the pics could be better, and they will be. Working with what he gave me and as he gets nicer photos of his parts, I'll get them uploaded.

***EDIT--- He decided for some reason to ditch the website I built (http://www.350xriders.com/xbp) and make his own ---EDIT***

Preddy05
07-10-2007, 12:00 AM
those are great i'll have to give you a call or stop up and give you money to get me couple things.

Dammit!
07-10-2007, 01:51 AM
I finally finished rebuilding his website and went "Live" a few minutes ago.

http://www.xtremebilletparts.com

Some of the pics could be better, and they will be. Working with what he gave me and as he gets nicer photos of his parts, I'll get them uploaded.

You know one of those snowmobile pull starters might look cool on my 70... :lol:

I'll be able to get you/him some details on those parts we talked about around the end of this month when I bring my machines home.