PDA

View Full Version : Carb Adjustments.

topoortorideon4
07-23-2006, 12:57 PM
I know this has been posted a million times but I was wondering if someone would please tell me the correct air fuel miture adjustment for the piolet screw on a 200m.
It is carbon fouling the plugs and is sparking white. I tried adjusting the needle but it got worse. I have it on the middle notch.

jason 32
07-24-2006, 03:07 AM
try second clip thats a little leaner
yea it should be blue ,but aslong as it works lol

trikes4life
07-24-2006, 11:08 AM
i am also working with him on it. Ever since he owned it it has been doing this, after we get together to day, we will do the pilot screw adjustments the right way. But re rebuilt the carb, new plug every week, brand new uni, and running atv oil. Could the type of gas have an effect on the richness. this is stumping me, and it does not burn any oil at all. Another question can u test a coil and the coil wire with a mulitimeter, o another question can the spark plug boot have any effect, we are not running the right one for that type of atc.

atctim
07-24-2006, 12:30 PM
I have found that many 200cc Hondas do this. If you can find the answer, I'd love to know. My g/f's Auto-X, my brother's 200s - my ATC200 - they all do this. New carb on the Auto-X and it is still fouling plugs. So I think it might have something to do with piston blow-by or something - what else could it be???? Also - a side note - I have never had this problem with my 250cc engines or 350cc engines by honda - only the 200's??????