PDA

View Full Version : 200x Question

dakota13
07-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Well i got a 200x a while ago and put alot a money into it. I purchased a 12:1 wiseco piston, DG aluminum exhaust system, blue ano'd rims, turf tamers, and i cut the fenders (i have spares;) My main question is where can i get a good cam for this baby. I want a lumpy idle and sick rpm!!!!!:D

ATCR250R
07-20-2006, 08:20 PM
I think Powroll has some high lift cams....

dakota13
07-20-2006, 08:31 PM
thanks man...anymore takers

dakota13
07-21-2006, 01:05 PM
i also need hot spark!!!!

firefirefire90
07-21-2006, 01:29 PM
OK, I have a few modifications that you should do that I was going to do to my trike and including the modifications i did. I was going to run a 12:1 piston but i didnt want race gas, YOU NEED RACE GAS. Trust me, you will burn up and blow your piston. Since you're going with the race thing, and want to spend some cash, send your Crank to Powroll for the stroker kit, but the Race cam, get a good port and polish from somewhere. Also you should want to get the Upgraded valve springs from Powroll. If you don't want to run lights, i would suggest going to a XR200R electric system and if you are going to run more top end speed you might want to go to the XR six speed bottom end and switch out your kicker gears, you will probably not get any top speed because that's all in gearing but your engine wont rev as crazy at top speed. I would also turn you towards going down one sprocket size in the rear and going up one size in the front. The 200x's are geared low to being with so i think you wont see much difference in acceleration anyway. IF i were also in your position, i would send your flywheel to YAMAHONDAMAN so he can lighten it to make your engine really scream, he's fairley cheap to boot. He does very good work. This is just what i would do....