PDA

View Full Version : Thought I had a new parts BIKE!!!

BLAZERONE22
03-30-2003, 10:20 PM
Okay we were up riding today out about 10 miles from the rig. coming down a steep hill. and all of a sudden my wifes 200x locks up. I check it out, put it neutral and try to restart it but its seized up. I figured it was toast. So I went down and got the rig and trailered it up and drove home. Well when I unloaded it I Tried the kickstarter again for sh-ts and giggles and it fires right up. What the heck happened there! Is the motor running lean and making it hot? Has anyone ever had this happen before? I rebuilt the carb a while back but the motor is still in the same shape as the time before we took it out. any input would help. I feel like I dodged a bullet on this ride.

J.D.
03-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Welp I don't know the answer so here's a theory, is it possible that the piston got too hot, making it too big around for the cylinder and it made it stop?

350xing
03-30-2003, 11:23 PM
hows the oil look? does it smell like toast?

sandrooster
03-31-2003, 04:14 AM
Spark plug!

Check the color. It should be medium light brown.
If its light light brown to light tan, your carb is too lean.

BLAZERONE22
03-31-2003, 09:28 AM
Thanks I forgot to do that. I'll check it. Do you guys think the motors okay with a little life shaved off? It sounded all right. no noise, or smoke.

BLAZERONE22
03-31-2003, 10:06 AM
I checked the plug, looks to be running on the rich side if anything.

lushatc200x
04-01-2003, 06:06 PM
maybe your fuel got to hot and caused vapor lock or something heck i dont know. your lucky though ill say that bro

Tri-Z dude
04-01-2003, 10:14 PM
are u sure trailprotrailpro oiling hole to the cam isnt clogged up
my 225DX oiling hole clogged up and melting the bushing around the came and siezed it up
i hope thats not what happened in trailprotrailpro case man
good luck
my locked up goin down the road and i pushed it about a mile(6miles from home) and i tried starting it back up and it started first pull
drove it cause i thought it was a fluke thing so after a day or 2 it siezed up for good
got the motor all back together and i just need to torque the nuts and bolts and stick it back in the frame
hook up the rear end
put oil in the engine
gas in the gastank and put everything back on it and start her up
i put a .050 wiseco piston with another stock cam and rockers in a diff head(thats 84atc250R) and new gasgets and orings etc.
clutch and drum also
all together i got 180 in all for the DX this time
114 for hole top end and 43 for the stuff i got from Jared
and i got some odds and ends from the yamaha shop also
i paid 75 bucks for the piston and rings brand new
30 for the gasgets etc.
then include tax its 114
i hope u dont have to go through the trouble that i had to
good luck and hope thats not the problem
Ben

ATCnut
04-03-2003, 11:34 PM
I had a problem like that with my 83 200x. I had broken a tooth off of one of the kicker gears. The broken piece got jammed up, then jiggled itself loose. If there is a loose piece in her motor somewhere, it could have vibrated out when the trike was bouncing on the trailer.

The other potenital is that the shifter is slightly bent, such that when she shifted, the tranny jammed. Again that could have cleared with the jiggling on the trailer.

I would keep an eye on it, and keep riding

BLAZERONE22
04-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Thanks, that one makes sense to me, I'm going to pull the sidecase and change the oil and clean out the oil pump. and maybe sweep a small magnet around in there.