PDA

View Full Version : 250 bigred es driveshaft problem

almer
07-10-2006, 11:55 AM
I am tryin to take the motor out of my 85 250 big red es, I have all the bolts out and cant seem to figure out how the drive shaft unhooks can somone help.

Russell 350X
07-10-2006, 03:30 PM
You got to get the U-joint apart. I'm having the same problem, but then again I need to actually work on it lol.

atctim
07-10-2006, 03:44 PM
do you have the rear end off of it. Take the rear drive gearbox off, and you should be able to pull the driveshaft right out

ClayW
07-10-2006, 03:46 PM
ITs Spring loaded. YOu have to move the boot over, and pry it the shaft tip/motor end backwards towards the rear differential. While its pried back you have to pull it out. There should be enought clearance. Worst case, Take the rear axle tube and diff assembly loose. Not the swing arm. 2 bolts on the right side lower swingarm and 4 bolts on the front side of the diff where the shaft hooks to the rear diff. Then the lower shock bolt. You would definately have slack then. Its very easy to get back on. Much easier than getting it off. I have never taken the U-Joint apart. Took the whole shaft out and installed it as a whole.:beer

Clay

almer
07-10-2006, 04:40 PM
ok thanx guys