PDA

View Full Version : 250r clutch and carb

DeePa
07-08-2006, 06:28 PM
When the trike is off, and i put it into first gear and pull the clutch then push it, it wont move. The wheels will lock up like there is no clutch being pulled.

When running, the trike will not creep when its in first or any gear and the clutch is pulled. I just noticed this yesterday and dont understand why. It was fine before this.

I recently installed a clutch kit containing new frictions, steel plates, and springs. I also installed the 89 trx clutch update kit. With a brand new cable, the clutch cable is adjusted to its max already just to get the desired amount of free play. I thought the kit was going to fix that but it did not.

While i was inside the case, i filed out the small grooves inside the clutch basket. Could those grooves have come back? Could my riding style make those grooves come back faster and cause the trouble i am experiencing?

I just want to make sure this thing isnt going to *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* the bed on me while i am in PA.

Also...my carb is leaking. The float is clean as well as the needle seat and needle itself. It doesnt overfill enough to flood the engine, just leaves some gas on the floor of the garage. It leaks it out of the overflow line. I ordered a carb rebuild kit and i am hoping that the new needle and new bowl gasket fixes it up nice. Could my float level be causing this? Should I just turn the gas off when not in use? Im sure its fine while im riding.

I have been opening it up a lot lately due to changing jets so i figure a new gasket kit cant hurt.

Thanks,

Mike

firefirefire90
07-08-2006, 07:15 PM
i know one answer, you should turn the gas off whenever the trike is not in use.

deathman53
07-08-2006, 08:33 PM
your basket is shot, its too grooved and sticking the cluth plates together, replace the basket.

chris200x
07-08-2006, 08:41 PM
I just want to make sure this thing isnt going to *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* the bed on me while i am in PA.

I'll be sure to bring my TOWROPE!!! :lol: