PDA

View Full Version : Big question for a 200x stroker crank

84honda 200X
07-08-2006, 11:38 AM
OK i blew up my 200x this last christmas and i bought a crank off of ebay because it looked mint well i finaly got around to haveing someone put it in. The guy that put it in is an old honda mechanic and when i got it back it wouldnt rotate a full stroke so i brought it back and he thought maybe it was the wrong piston or wrong crank because the piston would hit the crank so i grabbed the old crank and we compared them and the one i bnought on ebay is a stroker crank its one millimeter shorter. I have no idea who made it the description said it was a stock crank. But anyways the stock piston wont work so hes going to try and machine the piston to fit. My question is does any one know the website for POWELL i can not find the site and i know they have pistons it would be a great help if you could tell me the site or lead me in a direction that could make me a piston.

Kintore
07-08-2006, 12:12 PM
You mean Powroll? or powell?

powroll is www.powroll.com

Rex Karz
07-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I have no experience with strokers, but wouldn't it be easier to fab a spacer plate to go under the cylinder? Probably not, just wondering.

ATCR250R
07-08-2006, 03:30 PM
It wouldent be that bad to make a spacer plate...If it where a 2 stroke.Since its a four stroke you would have to get a longer cam chain.Oh and arent Powroll's strokers 6.0 mm?i thought they were when i was looking at getting one at least.:wondering

catfish
07-09-2006, 11:41 PM
are you saying the rod is shorter? If it's a Powroll crank, the rod will be shorter, but a stock piston will still work. They have to shorten the rod to make up the difference of the relocated crank pin. If you don't shorten the rod, then you'll have to have a special piston made for it. If it's a 6mm stroker crank then the rod should be 3mm shorter than a stock rod. The shortened rods in my opinion aren't worth a crap. Leave the stock length rod in it and get you a piston made for it. All you have to do is cut 3mm off the top edge of the piston down toward the top ring land. Use a 10.25:1 piston and that'll give you about 12:1. It's alot of trouble but will be worth it. A good machine shop can do one for you fairly cheap. Just be sure you go to an automotive machine shop or someone that has done custom engine work. If you decide all this is too much trouble, send me that stroker crank and I'll send you a good stock one......;)