PDA

View Full Version : 250r pipe

bingham
07-07-2006, 11:11 PM
just bought a esr atc 5 pipe for my 85. This thing doesnt mount up the same as my stock pipe. On my stock pipe it was held on by springs and then bolted near the seat of my bike. On this new pipe it is also held by springs but has a piece connected to the pipe to connect more near the bottom at like the front of the skid plate. Unfortunatly there is nothing i can see that connects to it. Is this the wrong pipe? Is there something different on my bike?

Thanks

Derrick Adams
07-07-2006, 11:28 PM
use your stock rubber mount, the one off the top of the old pipe. Bolt the mount to the pipe and the other end to the motor mount bolt.

bingham
07-07-2006, 11:56 PM
I think you may have misunderstood or i did not get what you were saying. Its not the connectining of the ends. its the mid area of the pipe that needs to be attached to something. But the piece they welded onto the pipe doesnt match up to bolt to anything on my bike. it hangs a little lower than the skid plate.

3leggeddog
07-08-2006, 06:43 AM
derrick is right.you need to use either the upper,or lower motor mount bolt to secure the pipe.use the rubber mount under the seat,move it to the front,left motor mount.it'll work,just try it.

bingham
07-08-2006, 11:34 AM
ah ok i see what you guys mean. Let me go try it real fast haha

:TrikesOwn