PDA

View Full Version : this one is fixed thanks guys

y2kane
07-07-2006, 10:17 PM
I have a 1983 honda 90. It ran real good for some time. I started it every day for almost a week. ran it a couple of miles and covered it for the night. I went to start it after it sat for a couple of days while it poured here in Ohio. I went out and tried to start it and nothing. I have tried pull starting it with my 185 but that hasn't worked. I tried pulling the plug and spraying ether in it and starting it nothing. The plug was wet so I know it was getting gas. It ran fine before. choked it pumped the throttle a couple of times and wham fired up, but now nothing i do will start this thing. any suggestions?
It's ticking me off I wanted to ride this weekend but all I can get running is my 185. my old reliable. It's alot more fun running with someone than by your self on the trails.

Thanks guys

ATCR250R
07-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Was the plug wet wet?Like flooded or fouled?Maybe try cleaning it and drying it out and putting it back in if so.You can use a wirebrush on it, then check for the spark.

y2kane
07-07-2006, 10:36 PM
The first time it was wet wet so I dried it off and put it back in pulled a couple of times then just damp. The plug isn't fouled but i have tossed the idea around of cleaning the plug up. just don't understand why it would run like that and then sit for a coulple of days and then not run at all.

Thanks for the help thou.

ATCR250R
07-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah I can not be sure what the problem is either.Just remember that engines need 3 things to run.Compresion-enough of it,Spark at the right time and strength, and fuel,which it sounds like you are getting but more importantly the right amount of it. :D

y2kane
07-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Ya I have a 1980 110 with weak spark and I am trying to find and good coil and wire for it. but all the ones on ebay do not look like the one I have on it, so that one is just sitting there until I find one. I am going to check the plug again tomorrow and take a brush to it and see if that helps.

Thanks again

y2kane
07-08-2006, 10:42 AM
still nothing any other suggestions.

dreadhed
07-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Is your gas good? I have had that give me problems before. I have had to empty the hole tank out. Try draining some gas out of the carb(a cup or two) then try to start it. If you are looking for a coil send me a pm I pry have one at the barn.

Dirtcrasher
07-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Doesn't that thing have points?? Have you yanked off the ignition cover and checked things out? Maybe it got wet inside...

Vealmonkey
07-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Have you checked your ground? With a bad ground, no spark or bad spark.

y2kane
07-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks for everyone who is trying to help!! I will check all these things.

Thanks again let you all know what it is when I get it running.

y2kane
07-08-2006, 05:35 PM
It's running again. I went out wiggled the wires on the coil and made sure the other wires were plugged in correctly. pulled it once fired right up. I don't know if that is what it was but thanks for all your help.