PDA

View Full Version : tri-z axle and tire ????

willcamach
07-06-2006, 07:35 PM
ok heres the deal i recently got my z and it runs awesome but im thinking of all the areas i want to improve on or upgrade and have been looking at all of my options. I have decided that i definetly want to make the z wider i was considering wheel spacers since they are the most affordable option. but ive heard that the banshee axle is the same as the tri-z axle. so my question is has anyone had any experience with doing this swap? is anything else required to make the swap, or is it a direct fir. and finally has anyone tried the G-Force adjustable axles from rocky mountain atv. here are the specs

High performance racing axle giving you the choice of increasing the width by 2" to 4" wider than stock.
# Forged from special chromoly hardened steel with a chrome plating finish.
# Axle nut wrenches available, for this axle use the 70mm.
# Adjustablity Banshee - 1 5/8" to 3 5/8"
well let me know what you guys think.
also what tire do you fellow tri-z guys use for replacement seems like hell trying to find a 25" tire that aint a mudding tire. i have a good tire now but want a spare and another to make a smoothie out of.:TrikesOwn

03 ORANGE SHEE
07-06-2006, 07:51 PM
blaster and z are the same, the shee is two inches wider and will work
there are lots of 25 and 23 inch knobby tires for the z, kenda, dunlop

Billy Golightly
07-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Nathan you sure the Z axle is shorter then the banshee one? I thought they were the same and it was the blaster one that was more narrow...

Bryan Raffa
07-06-2006, 08:04 PM
take your rims and run them inside out so the valve stems are inside and you gain 2 inches on each side!
banshee and the z are the same blaster is shorter...is what I thought...

willcamach
07-06-2006, 08:07 PM
wow thats a cool tip didnt know that. thanks for the info raffa! anyone ever use one of the g-force axles on a z i think it could be a nice upgrade considering they only run $199.99 they are not to expensive either.

Mosh
07-06-2006, 08:10 PM
g-force axle for banshee,on galactic back order.cant get em.
banshee stock axle is the same width as the z axle.just more threads for the rotor hub nuts.that is no issue though.as far as wheel spacers,honda 250x hubs,300ex hubs and 400ex hubs will go on the banshee,tri-z axle.you just have to make sure you get older 300ex hubs that are worn a little to make them fit the banshee axle. the honda hubs i mentioned,aree offset and widen the z axle out almost 3 inches.here goes,stock tri-z and banshee axle with honda 300ex hubs and 1 inch offset wheels makes a tri-z 50 inches wide in the rear end.my opion,get a blaster durablue axle or banshee plus 2+4 durablue and run the stock yamaha hubs.you will still be at 50 inches.stock for stock though,banshee axle is just as wide as tri-z axles. the banshee axle and tri-z axle is wider than a stock blaster axle.and f.y.i.stock blaster axles will not fit the tri-z.the brake hubs are set up differently.

OldSchoolin86
07-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Haven't run the g-force but the reversing of the wheels does set the rear at a very nice width.

Just wanted to add that 400ex hubs don't fit well at all. I've tried them a couple times and they're just too tight.

TimSr
07-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Banshee and TriZ axles are the same. The best way to gain some width is by running any aftermarket rim with an offset such as ITP or Douglas. Youll gain 2" on each side with either one of those. Im trying to remeber, but I dont think the stock Z rims have any offset at all.

willcamach
07-06-2006, 08:22 PM
great advise guys reversing the tires when i get home tonight :). im gonna keep an eye out for the 300ex hubs and that g-force axle if it ever comes off of "galactic" back order.

Bryan Raffa
07-06-2006, 08:25 PM
yes they do inside is like 5 1/2 and out side is 4 roughly