PDA

View Full Version : triz monoshock question

smokinntokin
07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
what is the distance from the eye to eye for a tri-z shock does anyone know ? cheers paul.:confused:

Bryan Raffa
07-06-2006, 08:10 PM
13 1/2 inches on a warrior shock from center of eye to eye.

TimSr
07-06-2006, 08:18 PM
what is the distance from the eye to eye for a tri-z shock does anyone know ? cheers paul.:confused:

Its 13.5". Warrior/Banshee are 13.6" which makes them a suitable alternative.

Mosh
07-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Its 13.5". Warrior/Banshee are 13.6" which makes them a suitable alternative.that is what i thought.actually the banshee shock makes the z sit a liitle taller.i tried it:lol: .there is no way a banshee shock will fit without blowing a hole in the tri-z gas tank.not to mention,you have to shim the gas tank so high to clear the banshee shock,you will never get the tri-z rear plastic to sit right.dont even wiast your time with a banshee stock shock.now a banshee works or elka or peps shock with a remote resovoir will work

OldSchoolin86
07-06-2006, 09:10 PM
My 2 cents...............

I've actually installed 2 banshee shocks on Zs. They haven't made them sit any higher and installation was a snap. In all fairness I don't run the tank guard. The last one I learned that 5 min with a heat gun and the tank can be remolded to clear with ease. The other route like I did the first time is to just relocate the tank back 3/4". The ride is SOOOO much better then the warrior or Z shock and the banshee shock is easily rebuildable.

Mosh
07-06-2006, 09:20 PM
My 2 cents...............

I've actually installed 2 banshee shocks on Zs. They haven't made them sit any higher and installation was a snap. In all fairness I don't run the tank guard. The last one I learned that 5 min with a heat gun and the tank can be remolded to clear with ease. The other route like I did the first time is to just relocate the tank back 3/4". The ride is SOOOO much better then the warrior or Z shock and the banshee shock is easily rebuildable.whatever dude.it cant be done without tearing up the tri-z.and banshee shocks are not easy to rebuild.get a clue.the shafts pit and hourglass to the point that they wont hold against new seals.ask any one call elka, works, whoever. they will tell you that a banshee shock is inferior to a warrior shock. as far as putting one on a tri-z.the tank guard was never a problem.i had to shim the front of the tank over a inch to get clearence for the banshee piggy back ressy.i should know. i have like 10 banshee shocks sitting in the shop.they dont work

twgranger
07-06-2006, 09:31 PM
whatever dude.it cant be done without tearing up the tri-z.and banshee shocks are not easy to rebuild.get a clue.the shafts pit and hourglass to the point that they wont hold against new seals.ask any one call elka, works, whoever. they will tell you that a banshee shock is inferior to a warrior shock. as far as putting one on a tri-z.the tank guard was never a problem.i had to shim the front of the tank over a inch to get clearence for the banshee piggy back ressy.i should know. i have like 10 banshee shocks sitting in the shop.they dont work
Theres a banshee shock on this Z.

slothminx
07-06-2006, 09:33 PM
whatever dude.it cant be done without tearing up the tri-z.and banshee shocks are not easy to rebuild.get a clue.the shafts pit and hourglass to the point that they wont hold against new seals.ask any one call elka, works, whoever. they will tell you that a banshee shock is inferior to a warrior shock. as far as putting one on a tri-z.the tank guard was never a problem.i had to shim the front of the tank over a inch to get clearence for the banshee piggy back ressy.i should know. i have like 10 banshee shocks sitting in the shop.they dont work

Wasnt the whole idea of heating the tank and forming it to miss the resi so that you dont have clearence issues?

Mosh
07-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Theres a banshee shock on this Z.yeah it matches the butchered wd 40 can muffler too.would you do it to your tri-z?it dont work.i am telling you. why would you go thru the hole deal of warping a stock tank,possibly ruining it, when you can get a warrior shock on there?why?you guys have nice tri-z trikes.would you butcher a banshee shock on there when there is a readily available bolt on replacement,like a warrior shock?

slothminx
07-06-2006, 09:44 PM
http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/junk/zass.jpg

OldSchoolin86
07-06-2006, 09:47 PM
yeah it matches the butchered wd 40 can muffler too.would you do it to your tri-z?it dont work.i am telling you. why would you go thru the hole deal of warping a stock tank,possibly ruining it, when you can get a warrior shock on there?why?you guys have nice tri-z trikes.would you butcher a banshee shock on there when there is a readily available bolt on replacement,like a warrior shock?
Dude, no "butchering" is going on in my shop. I really don't know what the big deal is? It fits and it takes a little modification. I took my tank to a body shop and had it professionaly altered for like $10.

Here's your clue, the yellow framed one is the recent one that I took to TF06 and the other one is the one I moved the tank back 3/4". I tried going up too and has to go way too high to clear. Sliding it back is much better. Try it out man, it's way better then the trail machine shock you like.

OldSchoolin86
07-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Wasnt the whole idea of heating the tank and forming it to miss the resi so that you dont have clearence issues?
Yeah it's real trick too, any body shop can do it and do it nice. Thanks for posting my first Z were I slid the tank back 3/4".

Mosh
07-06-2006, 09:58 PM
well i see you guys done it. i stand corrected.but in any sense,a stock banshee shock is not the greatest alternative.they are just as weak if not weaker than warrior shocks.and are not easily rebuilt. i did both the shim up and shim back deal and it did not work for me. i just did not care for all the bullcrap that had to be done to squeeze a banshee shock in there.but then again i am a perfectionest.

OldSchoolin86
07-06-2006, 10:06 PM
but then again i am a perfectionest.
Unless we're talking about spelling :lol: j/k

Lighten up man, it's a good mod and untill you try it how are you going to know if it's better then a shee shock? If having a body shop remold the tank isn't a perfectionist's job then I don't know what is. I mean anyone can tell that's a quality install.

Mosh
07-06-2006, 10:18 PM
:lol: never said i was the best at typing.all i am gettin at is that a lot of guys on here would not put this mod on their tri-z.at least it looks like a lot wouldnt.there are some nice tri-z trikes on here and i just dont see them doin it to their bikes.

slothminx
07-06-2006, 10:25 PM
When my Z shock wont cut the mustard anymore, im going shee ;)

Mrs.Mosh
07-07-2006, 08:39 AM

I just have a question here... Why do you guys want to go through all that extra BS when you can just bolt on the Warrior shock? :wondering

mywifeknowseverything
07-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I just have a question here... Why do you guys want to go through all that extra BS when you can just bolt on the Warrior shock? :wondering

I hear ya!!!! I deleted both my posts...I dont think they were Reading them anyway..:lol:
Ohhhhh,,,,What are these????

http://www.marvinshawshocks.com/images/coila.jpg
http://www.marvinshawshocks.com/images/compa.jpg
http://www.marvinshawshocks.com/images/hillshooter2.jpg

slothminx
07-07-2006, 09:34 AM
The 01 Raptor Shock will work also....it will give you 2 more inches of Travel...
Or...Do what I did and get a Marvin Shaw...

The way I see it....You can keep spending money on Used Shocks for however long they last....Been there done that.....Get new and be done

Have one Custom Made to you and your Riding style and length of Swinger...
No RESI to Deal With

Marvin Shaw....330 Bucks NEW SHIPPED and Guaranteed...

I was reading it alright, The reason I wouldnt go for a warrior shock is that they dont exist over here, Id have to get one imported, and by that time I might aswell go for MWKE's marvin shaw.

Shee shocks do on the otherhand exist over here for reasonable prices, and from all the feedback ive heard are a great improvement over the stock Z shock. If im replacing a 21 year old shock with a 00,01,02 etc shee shock its gonna be 10x better.

OldSchoolin86
07-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Good question.

Well the warrior shock is a good alternative but in my experiences the shee shock is better valved for the Z. Aslo the warrior shock isn't as adjustable as the shee shock. With the shee shock you get a full compression and rebound adjustability so setting up for new conditions is as easy as turning the dials a couple clicks.

The whole install with proper tools is about 20-30min. I'll have to do a write up on it with pics someday.

smokinntokin
07-08-2006, 10:21 AM
well i think thats all the info i need , got to admit i think if i cant get a warrior stock replacment or a tri-z shock im gonna try for a skidoo mz shock, which ive also benn told will fit straight on. cheers paul