PDA

View Full Version : screw in vs push in slow jet ( 110 )

rally4x4racer
07-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I have been playing with some atc 110 carbs that have the "push in" slow jets because I have an 83 atc 110 and the carb i got with it melted in a fire. ( it had the "screw in" slow jet) anyways, i now have a couple of carbs that are identical except for the slow jet. I have noticed that I can FORCE the "screw in" jet into the "push in" orfice and get it to screw down tight. ( i have not screwed it all the way down yet) I am sure this is just happening because the carbs are such a soft material.. so here are a few questions to see if anyone can help me figure this out - i'd hate to ruin one of the "push in" jet carbs...

1 - are the carbs pot metal - or aluminum? Im pretty sure aluminum is harder than brass - but im thinking it would thread the pot metal if i forced it in there.

2. - anyone know where to get new "push in" slow jets?

3 - should i just screw it in there and give it a go? any one done it before?

there is a bit of length difference in the "push in" and "screw in" jets - surely that doesnt make much of a difference.... i bet the dealer would have the "push in" jets but im not sure which years were which.

thanks
r4r

tecatecrazy
07-04-2006, 09:57 AM
I ran into this problem on my 81 atc70. the original carb is push in and the carb kit came with a screw in jet. It probably wasnt the correct thing to do but, I went ahead and screwed the jet in there. It has been this way for several months now without a problem and idles perfectly now.

Joe

crackshot
07-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah i had to do that to my kids 110 also. I just snugged the screw in type in and she has been riding it around the farm for a few years now.

rally4x4racer
07-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I appreciate the replies - thats enough proof for me! THANKS -r4r