PDA

View Full Version : A Really BAD Day.....

Levithan
07-02-2006, 02:01 AM
Well, today hasnt been the greatest day. I was all excited, because i got new crank bearings for my 200x, and i thought i was well on my way to riding again. Now, all of that has changed. I finally got the Oil filter rotor off, and the clutch. After i got the case apart, and pulled out the crank, i found out what the real culprit is. Somehow, the crank bearings spun inside the case, and put some nasty grooves in there as well. Anybody know what would case this to happen? There was plenty of oil in the case, so im ruling that out. So now that my case is ruined im kinda stuck for options at the moment. I have an extra case that was unfortunately left in a box outside, and has some nasty corrosion. Im not sure if i can clean it up or not. If not, i think i may part this engine and try and buy a LIFAN engine. Well, theres my rant for the day, hope you guys had a better one than me. :cry:

Erics350x
07-02-2006, 09:33 AM
man that sucks.

BigGreenMachine
07-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Bring the cases to a machine shop and tell them you need the bearing surface filled and milled out to spec. Bring the bearings if they need something better to take measurements by. Hope that helps man.

OldSchoolin86
07-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Bring the cases to a machine shop and tell them you need the bearing surface filled and milled out to spec. Bring the bearings if they need something better to take measurements by. Hope that helps man.
Good idea and ALWAYS bring all parts to the machine shop. Machinists work to the thousands of an inch on a job like that and without the bearing they won't know the exact tolerances.

the great gazoo
07-02-2006, 11:47 AM
A lil off topic, but "My name's Matt Foley, and I'm a motivational speaker- I live in a van, down by the river!" Great avatar, OS86!