PDA

View Full Version : Gorr ported 250r first impressions

Ndog
07-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Whats up guys? Just got my beast back together with pretty much all new everything. Here is the list..

Mo Better Eric Gorr overbore, head shave, port and polish
Wiesco Pro lite piston & Rings
38mm Keihin Air Stryker
Boyesen RAD assembly and reeds
Brand new OEM clutch and plates with stiffer springs
Clutch update kit from Service Honda
Rebuilt front forks (all internals still available)
New rear shock and reservoir (finally can adjust)
Durablue +4 axlle with spacers ( this thing is wide!!!!)
Lonestar double bearing axle carrier
Durablue anti fade disc hub/ axle nut assembly

I polished both crankcase covers and the forks. Got some plastic-glo compound and a mushroom buff from Caswell for the plastic. Gastank looks sweet but havent done the rest.

This thing rips nuts!!!!! Gases up wheelies in all gears. Feels damn near like my 00 CR250. One problem. I STILL HAVE A STOCK PIPE!
I have an old performance silencer on it that I repacked but that damn OEM pipe is all I have.

If this thing is ripping like this now, how much would I gain by putting on a Paul Turner Hi Rev or ESR ATC5? Am I missing out?
Help Please!!!!

deathman53
07-01-2006, 08:58 PM
it will be faster with a pt turner pipe, get the pipe that meets your needs, type 6- woods riding, hi-rev- mx and dunes, open areas.

Fox250R
07-02-2006, 02:42 AM
Pt hr should work perfect for ya!

dovesprings250R
07-03-2006, 12:48 PM
I just got my atc-5 esr pipe, silencer and flange coming from a stock pipe. Huge difference. Espcially for the mid range hit. I ran stock a long time, wish I changed sooner.

bingham
07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
ya i am putting a atc-5 esr pipe on my bike soon. gl with *Edited**Edited* decision and nice job in bike

crackshot
07-03-2006, 03:38 PM
so how much that EG porting cost?

hrc85250r
07-03-2006, 03:44 PM
any nice aftermarket pipe would be much better....the stock pipes are all jokes...get an esr or a PT hi rev....sounds like a nice ride, almost the same mods i have done and its def the way to go....i wanna see pics though!!!

you may want to get a hinson adjustable counterbalance holder , your motor will like 2 or 3 degrees advance with porting and a shaved head.... with a couple degrees of advance and i nice pipe, your setup should have easy 5 or close to 5 more hp, no joke. your really holding the power back with a stock pipe.

RideRed250R
07-03-2006, 07:00 PM
ill second HRC on that, a pipe alone with a good port and jetting will add 5+ horses... now your R is flowing HUGE amounts of Air going in and try to push it out through a straw, sorta like filling up a funnel with a peice of quater inch hose and asking for nothing to overflow..... I would defently go either PT HR or ATC5, the benifits of the ATC5 is its basically a BIG bore atc pipe, meaning you can never OVERflow that pipe, guys run stock 250's to 380 motors with that pipe and never feel like the exhaust is holding back.... i have never seen a bigger then 310 motor with a HR... either one is a great pipe, they are 2 of the 3 remaining builders for the ATC250R pipes, so that leads to their creditablity... when i step up (pretty soon... ill go ESR)... best bet is to ask Eric Gorr what to run... your porter will be the best guy to ask..not abunch of horsepower junky's on the net! LOL
Adam

Ndog
07-03-2006, 09:50 PM
((Don't bypass the word filter))

Right now my main is 180 and pilot is 40. Rich for sure on idle and main could drop too. But with stock pipe and break in its ok for now.

Im thinking 170 main and 38 pilot for the 38 striker.
Im in Indiana at near sea level and 90 degree humid days.
Sound about right? Seriously, ESR or PT too? I have alot of flat track but also trails. Im thinking ESR ATC5.
Thanks again dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RideRed250R
07-04-2006, 11:48 PM
i ran on a trinity stage4 cylinder, 48 pilot 172 main clip position dead center, bike ran like a raped ape
Adam