PDA

View Full Version : how to adjust brakes ytm200

txbull
07-01-2006, 12:41 PM
if there is anyone out there that knows how to adjust the rear brakes could you plaese help me out. I am very new to this hobby. my wife owned a 1984 ytm200e and she just got it from here grandparents. I discovered a knocking in the engine, so it is going to be rebuilt. then i bought a 84 ytm200 to use as prts but dicovered that the only bad thing wrong is the rear brakes seem to be engaged. the axles turn but when in nuetral it is hard to roll. i jacked it up and the brake needs to be adjusted. i only gave a $100 for it. the body kit is in bad shape but i just moved everything from my wifes to this one. any help would be move than appreciated:TrikesOwn 1984 ytm200e, 1984 ytm200

Erics350x
07-02-2006, 12:11 AM
if i remember right, theres a bolt with a lock nut holding the lever on that the cable hooks to. loosen the nut and screw the bolt in to tighten the brakes , loosen to get less brake.

freewheel3
07-02-2006, 01:37 AM
There are two wing nuts on the outside of the rear brake housing. One is for the cable from your left lever on the handle bars, the other is for the foot brake pedal. Loosen them both off by turning them to the left a few turns & that will slack the rear brake off. Check the operation of the rear brake arm after you loosen them off & make sure it's not siezed or binding.
:welcome: :TrikesOwn :pics: