PDA

View Full Version : My finished Tri-Z pics, and wheelie video!

jchx99
06-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Hey everyone,

Today I finished taking all the paint off the rear fenders, putting on all new decals, and gave it a nice cleaning.

Since I last took pics when I got it, I've put on a new black travelcade seat cover, new moose bars w/ pad, new grips, new clutch and brake levers, new JT rear sprocket, new chain, new axle bearings & seals, new swingarm pivot bolt/nut, and moose airfilter, and of course a rebuilt engine w/ the Wrench report mods... I've also gotten alot of experience riding it and getting used to it. Loving the motor I got from Billy.. plenty powerful. This Z has come a LONG way... it was a basketcase when I got it. Still has no brakes, but who needs 'em anyways... not a necessity.

So now it is basically cosmetically complete, still need a few things though. If anyone is wondering, the reason there are 2 different tires on the rear is because the bald blaster tire hub nuts are stuck tight and stripped real bad, and I am just waiting for tomorrow until I get a hub from a blaster parts bike, then I will put the other Maxxis sur-trak that I have on there. It also needs to be touched up on the bottom of the headlight assembly, some of the black paint has come off.

ALSO, keep in mind these pics were taken with my friends camera, and a few came out a little blurry and the camera seems to make the red kinda orange... It's really perfect red, I'll take some REAL nice pics soon.

Any comments or suggestions welcome!:)

Thanks,

Jordan Hinze

jchx99
06-29-2006, 11:51 PM
here's a quick wheelie video.. and a picture of the bike when I got it...

Bryan Raffa
06-30-2006, 12:07 AM
shes starting to come around verry nicely floyd!!! keep it up! probley look a lot better if you didnt have to pay all them tickets from the po-po!!! LMAO!!!
:lol:

firefirefire90
06-30-2006, 12:20 AM
Sweet trike man...I dig those black and reds!

jchx99
06-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Thanks!... I did the color scheme like that cause I thought that was the best combination, although its an '86 and it may be confused for an '85 1/2.

...thats a great gif in your sig btw...:lol:

.... oh and very funny Raffa, think its funny, eh! loll :D

Fox250R
06-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Not to smart not wearing a helmet! Cool vid tho....

chris200x
06-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Still has no brakes, but who needs 'em anyways... not a necessity.

This comment and your not wearing a helmet make no sense. you will become a statisic right quick. Cmon man use the brains god gave you. :rolleyes:

If you think it makes you cool your dead wrong. Head injuries are far from cool.;)

Edit: I'll throw this in just so I don't sound like a total dick. Nice trike! :lol:

jchx99
06-30-2006, 02:38 AM
I know, I know... thats what everyone says. But I've been riding for awhile, atleast I've got experience. I know that even the most experienced have their screw-ups, but if I'm not wearing a helmet I usually take it easy and ride within my limits.

I usually do wear a helmet, when I go for a real ride. But for quick bursts up and down my road (which is where this pic was taken), and the trails close to home, I just take it easy and don't really need a helmet. If I plan on going farther than a mile or two away from home I will most definitely wear a helmet.. but I ride close to here every day and it's not too crazy.

As for the brakes, I'm working on getting them fixed... for the front I need the whole setup minus the line... in the rear all I need is a master cylinder, everything else is good. I just can't seem to find the brake parts I need too easily, and if I do I'm broke. Anyone wanna donate a rear master cylinder, or rebuild kit? ;) haha

Thanks,

Jordan Hinze

Fox250R
06-30-2006, 02:49 AM
Just remember its not always yourself you have to worry about! It's other morons! If someone in a car or whatever came up your street and didn't see you, you might be wishing you had one on. Especially on the street man! Even if your just putting around! I've done it too man but the older i get the more i realize "wtf was i thinking" lol........the most experienced have their screw-ups, as you said but, most of them wear helmets...:crazy:

Red Rider
06-30-2006, 02:52 AM
:rolleyes:

The world has it's way of weeding out those not bright enough to survive on their own.

jchx99
06-30-2006, 02:54 AM
Yeah, I definitely hear that. Although I do live in a dead-end neighborhood in a cul-de-sac so we don't get many people coming through.. but there is always that chance, I know what you mean.

Fox250R
06-30-2006, 02:56 AM
And put some breaks on that Z LOL!!!!! :)

Billy Golightly
06-30-2006, 06:07 AM
Looks good...Helmet & Brakes though :)

I'd go without a helmet in the woods before I would on the road...because if you hit the tarmac with your face its gonna look like lasgna by the time you skid to a stop.

Darius1502
06-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Great work on the Tri Z! I think she is lucky to have found you!

Great work and I love to see them running well!

Tri-Z 250
06-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Get your brain bucket on!!!!! Little stuff like that killed Indian Larry at under 10mph! Nice trike, good job!

jchx99
06-30-2006, 02:56 PM
thanks everyone

250r'en +TCB
06-30-2006, 03:27 PM
I know, I know... thats what everyone says. But I've been riding for awhile, atleast I've got experience. I know that even the most experienced have their screw-ups, but if I'm not wearing a helmet I usually take it easy and ride within my limits.

That's all well and good but look where you are riding, in a neighborhood! Cars blow through stop signs and little kids run after their bouncy balls....... Not wearing a helmet on a 250cc pinger ATC isn't smart. Just remember there's a BIG difference between being tough and being stupid.

Anyway the Z looks great! Just paint the pipe and fix the brakes:beer
-Devin

Kintore
06-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Nice Z! and well done on the conversion, actually looks good now!

Well done! More pics! :) Always nice to see a new Z.

Rm250RF900R
06-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Nice Z. I do agree on the helmet but anything below 10 mph you dont really need one. Brakes arent that important as long as you have a helmet on. I barely use my brakes. Just down shift and have the ability to avoid trees and other such things.

Fox250R
07-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Nice Z. I do agree on the helmet but anything below 10 mph you dont really need one. Brakes arent that important as long as you have a helmet on. I barely use my brakes. Just down shift and have the ability to avoid trees and other such things.
So your saying if a little kid on a bicycle is going under 10mph he or she doesn't need a helmet either? LOL! THats just stupid. If your riding around the street you should have a helmet on regardless....No matter who you are or how good you think you are........:crazy: I won't even comment on the brake subject.....

russell56443
07-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Nice looking Z!!!
As for the helmet thing,I got a Honda MR50 for Christmas when I was 6 or 7,didnt get a helmet though lol!!!
I didnt have a helmet until I was 14 and was rideing street bikes on the road!
Ahhh,I remember those care free days,rideing my XR75 wide open down the black top :D road with nothing but a pair of cut off shorts on(no shoes either)LOL???
Guess I have a really tired Gardian Angel!!!!!!!!!

rally4x4racer
07-20-2006, 11:42 AM
i dont think a little kid on a bike with a helmet on - stands a chance up against some of the moron drivers - for that fact it doesnt really make much of a difference.

where do you make the difference? SUPERVISION - ride with a buddy if your not a kid at least ways you got some one to get your but a meat wagon if you crash

enough of busting the guys chops about a helmet already - his life = his choice. Dirt is probably safer than pavement - but im not being critical because i take stuff out on the street for testing too

(saying dirt is safer than street generally because street machines go much faster and we have all seen heads torn off ect. - im not sure on actualy safety stats but i think dirt is safer)

Mike_Ham_250R
07-20-2006, 01:07 PM

I usually do wear a helmet, when I go for a real ride. But for quick bursts up and down my road (which is where this pic was taken), and the trails close to home, I just take it easy and don't really need a helmet. If I plan on going farther than a mile or two away from home I will most definitely wear a helmet.. but I ride close to here every day and it's not too crazy.

As for the brakes, I'm working on getting them fixed... for the front I need the whole setup minus the line... in the rear all I need is a master cylinder, everything else is good. I just can't seem to find the brake parts I need too easily, and if I do I'm broke. Anyone wanna donate a rear master cylinder, or rebuild kit? ;) haha

Thanks,

Jordan Hinze

My worst accident was in my driveway 20ft from my house. Please, we don't want any more bad trike publicity...

Mike_Ham_250R
07-20-2006, 01:10 PM
So your saying if a little kid on a bicycle is going under 10mph he or she doesn't need a helmet either? LOL! THats just stupid. If your riding around the street you should have a helmet on regardless....No matter who you are or how good you think you are........:crazy: I won't even comment on the brake subject.....
Thanks Fox250R talking some sense!

The only thing I don't wear a helmet on is my ATC70 because it barely has enough balls to pull me in 1st and I ride it in my yard.

El'Capitan
07-20-2006, 03:24 PM
i dont wear my helmet when im just practicing my drag racing up and down my street...but ive only got a block and man would anti lock breaks be great on my X, lets just say you can slide a long ways when your going 50 and slam on the breaks

Russell 350X
07-20-2006, 05:56 PM
That Z looks really nice dude, awsome job. Next time you are out putting around, put a lid on!!

cragster
08-08-2006, 06:02 PM

Ummm hey fox250r not to burst your bubble or anything.. but look at the vid i just found of you while i was searchin for Vids yesterday...
no helmet on a 250r..Im not mad its just that its oppisite what your saying lol.
:beer :D :crazy:

Lol dont get mad at me i just thought it was funny lol

chris200x
08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Ummm hey fox250r not to burst your bubble or anything.. but look at the vid i just found of you while i was searchin for Vids yesterday...
no helmet on a 250r..Im not mad its just that its oppisite what your saying lol.

Lol dont get mad at me i just thought it was funny lol

LMAO!!!! :lol: :beer
hey fox.. click here:
http://fox250r.JustGotOwned.com

cragster
08-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Haha! Lmao

Mosh
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
uhh this dude,jchx99,has skanked me for 20 bucks. i never got my parts from him and had to file a pay-pal refund claim.that is why he will not post.no helmet????.maybe he took a bump to the head,and forgot to ship me my parts i paid for:crazy: :banned:

3leggeddog
08-08-2006, 09:20 PM
you never know when that throttle will stick.put on a skid lid!!!!

Rm250RF900R
08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
:w00t:

Well no **** on the street. Who would ever ride on the street anyways. But if your just riding so slow if you crash you wont even get a scatch, then who cares as long as your not on the street. I never really use my breaks. But i also dont ride balls to the wall like many people on this site. I live in a very technical woods where you cant really go over 30. But I always wear a helmet unless im just crusing around the yard on my little XR100R. Sorry to sound like a idiot on my last post, but its just the way i think. We all have different opinions on such subjects.

Mosh
08-08-2006, 09:52 PM
if no one wants to wear a brain bucket,they will weed themselves out one day.look,it is just like driving a car.most accidents are near home.so if it is your yard,driveway sidewalk,whatever.wear a helmet.these (accidents) with no helmets,are only giving the government more ammo to shut down atv-ing all-together.

mark38090
08-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Nice Trike... No lectures though, I already have 2 kids.

Fox250R
08-08-2006, 11:20 PM

Lol dont get mad at me i just thought it was funny lol OKok HAR HAR HAR..The difference is i dont have to worry about other cars running into me..You dont see me running my R down a major street with no helmet on..I mean look at my front yard! Nothing around! NO CARS! Not to mention i wasn't going much over 5mph..But whatever...You guys are right! I should of had one on.. Shame on me! But the wheelies were pretty cool huh? :w00t: :lol:

Fox250R
08-08-2006, 11:22 PM
How long did it take you to find that vid of me anyway dude? I forgot i even had that one on the site LOL....

cragster
08-08-2006, 11:26 PM
lol not that long i was lookin for some trike vids and i typed in video i think and looked thru all the posts..

Fox250R
08-08-2006, 11:27 PM
lol not that long i was lookin for some trike vids and i typed in video i think and looked thru all the posts..
LOL thats good stuff! You punked me pretty bad! :Bounce

edog
08-08-2006, 11:32 PM
I got this for you.Please wear it?

cragster
08-08-2006, 11:34 PM
LOL thats good stuff! You punked me pretty bad! :Bounce

LMAO hell ya i did

always3never4
08-09-2006, 12:41 AM
i personally think that when im not going balls out its better to not wear a helmet
i feel to enclosed in them tunnel visioni and my hearing goes down im much more aware of my surroundings without one on.
just my opion and it fits with the way and places i ride.

Fox250R
08-09-2006, 02:38 AM
i personally think that when im not going balls out its better to not wear a helmet
i feel to enclosed in them tunnel visioni and my hearing goes down im much more aware of my surroundings without one on.
just my opion and it fits with the way and places i ride.
not on a paved road its not!