PDA

View Full Version : 200x is finally operational again!!!

Solid Snake
06-28-2006, 10:56 PM
After about a year of buying little things here and there to get this thing going I decided a couple weeks ago to tear into the motor and get this damn thing running correctly. Took the head to local shop along with the cylinder and head cover. The bottom end I left together but took that in as well to get a helicoil on the lone threads in the left case (bolt that goes through the head and cylinder into the cases). Had all the gasket surfaces cleaned up and checked for any warpage. Head was taken apart, new seals for the valves and they checked everything out. Cylinder has a fresh hone. When I was putting it together I had a new cam chain, Vesrah top end gaskets, new pulse rotor springs (from an XR200 since you can't buy them separate for a 200x). Used Loctite on the cylinder studs, had to wait a day before finishing the motor to let it dry. After everything was torqued down I adjusted the valves, checked the cam chain timing, checked the ignition timing, my brother helped me put it in the trike (it's heavier then I expected) and put it all together. Cleaned the petcock, new fuel line, inline fuel filter, fresh 10W 40, primed the carb, half choke it started on two kicks!!! Runs better then ever before, starts in one easy as hell kick now!!! Absolutely amazed how well this thing runs and starts now, it's really just remarkable. Couldn't have done it without everyone's help from these boards so a big thanks to everyone from here.