PDA

View Full Version : Probably gonna sell em all...

crackshot
06-24-2006, 07:21 AM
Yep. I thought I would never say that but because of all the new laws, require to carry insurance, have to pay for state OHV stickers AND forest dept stickers, have to be 18 to ride (so that leaves my kids out) it ain't worth it anymore. I REFUSE to insure 20 to 25 year old trikes that I maybe take out 2 to 3 times a year. This is on ALL federal and state land.
Funny none of this was mentioned to me when I went and bought OHV tags for 2 of my wheelers a few weeks ago.
I am either going to sell them or mothball them in a barn to never be ridden or seen again. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mosh
06-24-2006, 08:10 AM
move away from there.and what is the difference. how many people are driving without car insurance.still? find some private property to ride on.that whole deal sucks.i feel for you

Yamaha Tri-Moto
06-24-2006, 08:16 AM
That does suck. But if you sell them, your just doing exactly what they want you to do.

scooterroo
06-24-2006, 08:40 AM
yep i agree, you sell em your givimg them what they want. ride on baby, sticker or no sticker, insurance or no insurance.they might be able to take away the state land and federal lands, but they wont get my bikes. i dont care, the way i look at it, a sherrif once told me this...1. they have to catch you red handed in order to do anything about it, 2. where your helmet, no one can give a positive i.d when you have a helmet on, 3.(my favorite) why would they waste their time chasing something that can obviously out run a car? they have way to much other stuff to take care of then a atv breaking a few rules. that comes from a saratoga county sherrif.

Frankencelery
06-24-2006, 10:46 AM
What's the part about carrying insurance? That's new. Was that in just your state?

kinger
06-24-2006, 01:54 PM
no kidding ive never heard that one

crd00
06-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Just looking at this post makes me feel happy that I dont live in the U.S. CPSC will eventually make their way to canada too I can imagine:mad:. Crackshot, dont give in to the cpsc, just store all of your trikes in your shed lol

ovhonda1
06-24-2006, 03:55 PM
If you sell them, I WILL buy them ALL and RIDE every one of them. They can try to catch me! Please do not give in- uninsured and loving every minute of it. I HATE political BS.

Dammit!
06-24-2006, 08:19 PM
I hope this is an Idaho thing. First I'm hearing about it.