PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I get bottom cases Fixed or billet cases made

erectordale
06-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I have the bottom end for the 2nd Tiger 500 A tranny bearing went bad and really messed up the bearing race. I need this Fixed or billet cases made. I've been watching for a set of cases engine or engine but the 500 is really hard too find parts for. any suggestions would be great. The local guy I use can't re line bore the bearing races so I'm sorta stuck.. Thanks in advance Dale :wondering :wondering :wondering :wondering :wondering

Dirtcrasher
06-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Why can't it be bored larger and a steel sleeve installed? Is the wall just too thin??

BLAZERONE22
06-20-2006, 08:32 PM
I have the bottom end for the 2nd Tiger 500 A tranny bearing went bad and really messed up the bearing race. I need this Fixed or billet cases made. I've been watching for a set of cases engine or engine but the 500 is really hard too find parts for. any suggestions would be great. The local guy I use can't re line bore the bearing races so I'm sorta stuck.. Thanks in advance Dale :wondering :wondering :wondering :wondering :wondering

Its worth a try, give this guy a call... http://www.superiorsleeve.com/

erectordale
06-20-2006, 08:56 PM
I thought about the steel sleeve but would still need too be perfectly aligined as I don't want too break a case that can't be replaced. I have local shops but trying too trust just anyone is tough for me. I normally have bad luck when getting this type of work done.

OldSchoolin86
06-20-2006, 09:25 PM
PM sent, I know a guy in a machine shop..........................me

hrc85250r
06-20-2006, 10:46 PM
yeah, weld it up and have a reputable, preferably large machine shop machine it right back to spec, if you have a good shop do it, it will be like new.we had to do it with a sears/allstate twingle, the kickstart boss in the cases broke right off, it was mint after we had the local serious machine shop fix it...