PDA

View Full Version : veeerrryy bad news

team-red-rider
06-15-2006, 10:56 PM
im not sure what this means for us but i got this today

The consumer product agency meets June 15 to finalize and put into effect its proposed new regulations.
The consumer agency put into effect today a package of proposed ATV rules that will ban three-wheeled all-terrain vehicles and limit the top speed of four-wheelers intended for kids ages 6 to 8 to 10 mph. For kids 9 to 11, the speed limit would be 15 mph. ATVs for kids 12 and older would have a 30 mph speed limit and would include devices that would allow parents to limit their speed to 15 mph.

wanta250r
06-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Where did this information come from?

team-red-rider
06-15-2006, 11:00 PM
on the atv safty instuitute website or w/e its called

edog
06-15-2006, 11:03 PM
They will have pry my dead hands from the handelbars if they want my trikes.:banned:

team-red-rider
06-15-2006, 11:14 PM
theyll have to pay me 1 million dollars each

crackshot
06-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Actually it would be quite easy for them to ban 3 wheelers. They could make it so you could not ride it on BLM, federal and state lands and there you go.
Only place you could ride would be private property.
That would just plain suck.

IrvSLedman
06-16-2006, 08:41 AM
not for me! lol i just ride on private property, but for those who like stateland, that would blow.

crackshot
06-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Yeah but I do not see where they want to ban 3 wheelers anyway. Just the imports they are shipping over here from China.

hrc85250r
06-16-2006, 09:00 AM
i wouldnt even give 2 $#!ts. i cant afford all the crap to begin with, so if they try to catch me they'll have fun with that.

crd00
06-16-2006, 10:01 AM
I dont have to worry yet, i live in canada so it wont be a while before it reaches here:w00t:

team-red-rider
06-16-2006, 10:06 AM
i say we MOVE to canada lmao

firehart
06-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I don't think my wife would let me go to Canada to ride. I could put dooleys on the back of my 200x. Then it would be a five wheeler.

team-red-rider
06-16-2006, 10:18 AM
lmao good idea

crd00
06-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Then they would come out with a law for 5 wheelers:lol:

team-red-rider
06-16-2006, 10:30 AM
ohh i no lets put a bicycle tire up front next to the real tire then low and behold a 4 wheeler!!! lmao

firehart
06-16-2006, 10:46 AM
I wonder how many people die in the shower each year? The government has not tried to ban them.

team-red-rider
06-16-2006, 10:53 AM
lol true that

crd00
06-16-2006, 10:58 AM
The governments always make stupid decisions, if they were going to ban everything that people died in or on, its just as well to lay down on the floor in the middle of an empty room. I hate governments:mad:

westcoast TRI-Z
06-16-2006, 11:27 AM
They say that they want 3-wheeled ATV's banned, but I have no clarification nor does it specify, if that means prohibiting the import of these new little 110cc chinese 3 wheelers I see popping up, or if they intend to ban any and every 3 wheeler out there

Russell 350X
06-16-2006, 11:39 AM
I think its just for those imports from China. It wouldnt matter for me anyway I think, I ride on private lands.

Yamaha Tri-Moto
06-16-2006, 02:30 PM
I would not worry about it to much. There not going to be taking away trikes from people and I think they mean banning new 3 wheelers from other countrys being brought over. Ride on.

MN250R
06-16-2006, 03:20 PM
3 wheelers dont hurt people.

Drivers on cell phones do.
They should take a look at them stats :TrikesOwn

Enigma
06-16-2006, 03:34 PM
3 Wheelers kill people like spoons made Oprah fat, therefore if they "protect" us form 3 wheelers they should "protect" us from spoons too.

team-red-rider
06-16-2006, 03:44 PM
lmfao thats so true

dwolf8u
06-16-2006, 04:50 PM
:w00t: :w00t: :crazy: :crazy: BAN THIS!! consumer product agency!:mad:

Billy Golightly
06-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Someone give me a link please. looking on the ASI site and found zilch so far.

Billy Golightly
06-16-2006, 05:04 PM
http://www.cdc.gov/nasd/docs/d000901-d001000/d000976/6.html

Best Iv'e found so far and it dont look good.

blue27
06-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Here is one from ths CPSC web site its long but after a brief look it seems to comcern the import of new 3 wheelers
http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/FOIA/FOIA06/brief/ATVpt1.pdf

chris200x
06-16-2006, 05:19 PM
return the vehicles to the manufacturer in accordance with regulations of the Department under subsection (c)(l), a refund in an amount determined under such regulations.

I just read through some of this stuff and this quote stuck out at me the most. I wonder how much my three wheeler is worth to one of these tree huggers? :wondering

Couchy
06-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Imagine if someone would burn down the CPSC building and completely trash all the computers and information storage...seriously, they are going to have to pry my trikes from my "cold, dead hands." This is starting to be like the whole gun control out cry of years back. It's not guns that kill people...it's husbands that come home early ;)

Note: I'm not saying go burn down a building or spread virus's on anything...if you act on that...it's not my fault.

team-red-rider
06-16-2006, 05:34 PM
5 cents lmao j/k but thats the goddamnnd government for ya

Louis Mielke
06-16-2006, 06:46 PM
http://www.cdc.gov/nasd/docs/d000901-d001000/d000976/6.html

Best Iv'e found so far and it dont look good.

Billy what am I missing? As far as I read this there still is nothing about ban of operation of existing threewheelers just a requirement for manufacturers to give a refund if requested.
They can't say "return your threewheeler or we'll take it from you" They can only provide a means of a refund if you choose soo. its lieka recall. Just cause a car has a recall it doesn't mean the owner will actaully get the recall taken care of.

I still don't read where it says anything like

"3 wheeled atvs ownership and operation is prohibited under penatly of law."

I don't thinik they have any legal grounds to do such a thing. The only thing they could possibly do is prohibit thier use on public land but thats pretty much up to the individual state anyway.

So far what I've read I don't see where anything they're proposing is too outlandish, the no atvs at night bothers me and a few other small things but most of it is common sence that anyone should practice anyway.

If people would just start doing most of this stuff without the government intervening then things would be better.

I sitll have yet to read anywhere "we're taking your threewheelers away!!!"

tecate kid
06-16-2006, 07:09 PM
So, refunds for threewheelers? I think I coud find some "nice" ones to get the refund. Or is this just for the new ones? I honestly think they want to ban the production of any new ones coming into the country, they couldn't take them away from us. I don't think the states will ban them either, they would lose the money coming in from registrations.
tecate kid

crackshot
06-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Billy what am I missing? As far as I read this there still is nothing about ban of operation of existing threewheelers just a requirement for manufacturers to give a refund if requested.
They can't say "return your threewheeler or we'll take it from you" They can only provide a means of a refund if you choose soo. its lieka recall. Just cause a car has a recall it doesn't mean the owner will actaully get the recall taken care of.

I still don't read where it says anything like

"3 wheeled atvs ownership and operation is prohibited under penatly of law."

I don't thinik they have any legal grounds to do such a thing. The only thing they could possibly do is prohibit thier use on public land but thats pretty much up to the individual state anyway.

So far what I've read I don't see where anything they're proposing is too outlandish, the no atvs at night bothers me and a few other small things but most of it is common sence that anyone should practice anyway.

If people would just start doing most of this stuff without the government intervening then things would be better.

I sitll have yet to read anywhere "we're taking your threewheelers away!!!"

Same here. I read this trash 3 times. There is nothing that says some gastapo is going to kick your door in and take 3 wheelers.
Seriously, there is nothing that says to "ban" the riding of wheelers.

team-red-rider
06-16-2006, 07:26 PM
WELL Is it just me or what...im gonna buy as many 06 trikes asap and tell people there illegal and get durrs lol ( well even if its only my neighbor with the tigr

Tri-ZNate
06-16-2006, 07:37 PM
if they actually do this "refund" thing they will most likely require you to have a title for the machine or a bill of sale. So basically that means alot of people who choose to do such a thing are S.O.L.

Your Jap trikes are safe, they just want to stop the chink trikes from commin from what I understand.

wheelie king
06-16-2006, 08:05 PM
There is no way that gov't will come and take any existing (or vintage)trikes. Storage, transpotation, legal resistance, etc., would make it literally impossible. As far as riding them goes, there is already huge opposition to the in FL, because ALL of the private parks and ATV recreation areas DO NOT allow them. Anyone know about Ocala National Forest???? Far as I know, if you pay the Reg. Fee, you can ride whatever.........:idea:

team-red-rider
06-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Not True! The Fortmyers And Suncoast Mx Trax Allow Trikes!

crackshot
06-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Your Jap trikes are safe, they just want to stop the chink trikes

That's not racial or anything! :lol:

grundlegrabber
06-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Don't just look at the clause about three wheelers, guys. If they are allowed to pass this legislation, they will be one step closer to banning ATVs entirely, which I'm sure is their ultimate goal. Every time something like this gets thru, we lose a little more of our freedom and our sport. Think about it, who the hell wants to buy a new quad that only goes 10mph? That would be like a freaking power wheels jeep or something. Basically they are telling you you are not allowed to teach your kids how to ride. What 12 year old wants a quad that is limited to 30 mph? When I was 12, I was riding stuff that would do 60. Never got killed or even seriously hurt, never hurt anyone else, never killed anybody's dog.

Fun and safety are two conflicting concepts. As soon as safety is brought up, fun is lost. When you take a step back and look at the big picture, the government has been slowly outlawing everything that could possibly hurt anyone. The result is that people are no longer thinking for themselves and they are no longer developing the concepts of common sense, coordination, caution, etc. We are creating a society of stupid, lame woosies. In nature, it's survival of the fittest. An animal does something stupid, it gets killed. Other animals learn not to do the same stupid thing or they will get killed. The result is a population of sharp-thinking animals that don't need anybody to hold their hand and take care of them.

Other parts of the world look at Americans and laugh. In teh eyes of the world we are weak and stupid. We are doing this to ourselves by allowing our government to tell us what's best and to keep us from engaging in activities that may potentially be dangerous. I hear to many people saying "it doesn't immediately affect me so I don't care". What you don't realize is that it is affecting you, slowly and subtly. One day you will not be able to go out and buy a new performance quad or high powered sportbike. Then you will see how this BS crap really did affect you. We should all care about what's going on here. Write to your elected officials and express your disapproval of what the CPSC is trying to do here!

That's all for now!

3WheelsOva4
06-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Well boy's this can only mean one thing. A lot of tickets... Or a lot of pissed off police that can't catch us :)

3WheelsOva4
06-16-2006, 11:46 PM
What is the site linkage to that though? Because I still cant find it.

Mike_Ham_250R
06-16-2006, 11:56 PM
3 wheelers dont hurt people.

Drivers on cell phones do.
They should take a look at them stats :TrikesOwn

I can vouch for this because some *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* decides he is going to floor it and pass 2 cars around a bend and we were about 2 feet away from being in intensive care.. The *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* didnt even slow down either. Some teenager talking on his cell phone in his gay arz H2...

Mike_Ham_250R
06-16-2006, 11:58 PM
When I was 12, I had a 1985 ATC250R, when I was 11, I had a Blaster 200 and a Polaris Sportsman 500HO..

threewheelin-feelin
06-17-2006, 02:36 AM
i do believe the CPSC can go to hell:banned: .....also i want to see one of these new 3wheelers ....i had no clue they were being produced again are they being sold on dealerships here? and i think if we voice are oppinion more the CPSC wont have the power to do this.....there is strength in the numbers and between 3wheelerworld 3wheeler.ord and the other smaller websites there is a lot of voices to be heard.....just keep the letters going out.....and dont give up....and one more thing the world is already so over populated the last thing we need is some company trying to protect idiots that dont know how to slow down when they make a turn....let them kill there selfs!!!

Tri-ZNate
06-17-2006, 11:50 PM
That's not racial or anything! :lol:

It is what it is, interpret it however you please.