PDA

View Full Version : Is it Bad or Not ??? Store Trike's in the -

ceaserthethird
06-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Can you Store your 2 stroke's ATC'S in the Up Right Position , - (Standing up) Resting on it's rear tires and Drag bar

Is their any Problems , or can this Damage the ATC's engine or ?

Post your thought's ...:confused:

phreakboy
06-15-2006, 11:34 PM
It is fine to do that, but you need to make sure your gas is off, and after you set it down you should let it sit for about 10 mins before starting it.

cragster
06-15-2006, 11:41 PM
ive also wondered this. And what about 4 strokes?

phreakboy
06-15-2006, 11:59 PM
It doesnt hurt either 2 or 4 stroke bikes, like I said just turn the gas off and be sure to let fluids settle before starting.

FryJet
06-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Store it how ever you want to, upside down if that is what you have to do.. 2 stroke a 4 stroke, its all good. Turn them back upright, check all the fluids......gear case and coolant if you are h2O cooled and call it good. If you are going to store a bike for any length of time you should put some oil through the fuel, I use Marvel Mystery Oil, run it for a bit, drain the tank, fog the tank with WD40 or whatever else you like to keep rust away (metal tanks) and call it good. The good thing about storing a wheeler off its tires is you have no weight in the tires (flat spots) or suspention (sag)....if you have it. This is what I do and I have never had a problem.
F.J.

Mobular
06-16-2006, 01:02 AM
As for 4 strokes...Hondas 185-350s anyways...once you've put them back on 3 wheels, be sure to cycle the engine over quite a few times to refill the oil pocket in the head. Standing the machine on it's end empties this pocket. This pocket supplies lube to the cam lobes and without it the cam will gall itself in no time. So, with the kill switch off, kick or pull the engine over to send an adequate amount of oil through the system and fill the pocket. Chewed cam/rockers/heads are an expensive fix!