PDA

View Full Version : Fly Wheel??????

youngbansheeman
06-15-2006, 08:11 PM
What do I need to take the Fly wheel of a Tecate?Weres a good place to buy the things that I need to take it off?

3leggeddog
06-15-2006, 08:20 PM
a fly wheel puller would help.local shop should have one.not sure if they are all the same though/check dennis kirk/snap on/mac tools

MIK6
06-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Do not hit it w/ a rubber mallet!!!! The magnets will come loose, I have heard of alot of guys trying to do this, IT DOES NOT WORK!!
Get a puller. I have 2 different puller setups that I use. If the trike has a T3 stator you can go to an auto parts place and buy a cheep 3 bolt "Y" style puller, use some different bolts to thread into the 3 holes on the flywheel and some washers. It will work great if you take your time to get the bolts rite, long enuff to get good penatration into the flywheel w/o hitting the stator and short enuff to work the center press bolt w/o bending anything. If you have a KX flywheel you will need to buy a KX250 puller, I have not found a cheep way around it.

GOOD LUCK
MIK6 / Mike

deathman53
06-15-2006, 09:43 PM
I have a t3 flywheel puller somewhere, I got it from ex-tecate owner, he made it from aluminuim. He made a few of them and sold them. A y-type puller will work too, you gotta vary size of bolts.

BigGreenMachine
06-15-2006, 09:53 PM
I use a Y-type puller, works fine.