PDA

View Full Version : 86R rebuild starts now. PICS ADDED!!!!

max
06-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Nothing fancy boys and girls. Just going to freshen everything up a bit. Im going to completely go through my motor. My crank seals have been leaking for some time now. Overhaul time.

What is your recommendation on seals. Are you guys using oem stuff or going with the aftermarket line?

I will post some before pics up here tonite. OTC crew. Dont worry I still have the ol bullit proofer 84 to ride. My 86 will be apart for most of the summer being that most of the time it is too hot to ride, plus I have stand up jet skis I rock around on.

Rite now I have a 295 kit. Im most likely going to bore it out the the max. Mabey do a little porting. Paint/polish everything up. Should look pretty tough when its all done.

max
06-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Any inputs on the stainless bolt kits. 90 buck doesnt sound too bad if you can use most of it and it stays pretty clean and rust free. Thanks

Kintore
06-15-2006, 02:04 PM
I know guys with the stainless bolt kits are having problems with them breaking every so often.

Sounds sweet max!

Cant wait to see pics!

BigGreenMachine
06-15-2006, 03:08 PM
I haven't had a prob with the stainless bolts on my Tecate. Haven't broken or rusted and it replaced some really nasty nuts and bolts.

James

3leggeddog
06-15-2006, 06:56 PM
don't use the shock likage bolts.they bend,and break!!!!!

sounds sweet max,pimp you ride doggy!!!

max
08-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Well I just about have the engine back together. About 700 dollars later. All new honda seals and bearings/gaskets, hinson basket w/ ebc clutches, v-force reed, and fresh resleeved 295 with mild porting. Should have it ready by the weekend. Ill be ready for some hills and a few races. OTC, get ready for some rough riding. The season is coming. My first major ride will be rumbe sept 16th. Might make it out to wellsville before hand though.

Im not sure if i want to restore the rest of the bike. (strip it and paint it). I ride this guy, and i ride with no caution of scratching or breaking things. So do you guys think I should do it or not. Its not even a bad looking bike. The only think I really care about is the reliable power.. Sorry about the pics guys. I will get with the wife tonite to post some up. Im not sure how to.

3leggeddog
08-07-2006, 11:19 PM
well i think i would leave it alone.the bikes not in bad shape,and really doesn't need a full restore.just clean her up good,and paint the little parts that are worn.i think you'll be happy with it.plus you ride like a mad man,and will surely thrash on it.

Mosh
08-08-2006, 08:03 PM
saweeet,max.295 kit. now i am glad i am building the new z.we gotta run em bud.and not up one of your crazy azz hills.lol. i hope to get you down to wells with us this year!!

Yamahondaman
08-08-2006, 08:17 PM
TWO NINTY FIVE ..... YES !!!!! i LOVE those Motor's !!!! got's a question ...
do you have the LONG Rod and Spacer Plate or the Short Rod Motor ?
and on the Stainless Stuff ..... the 303-304 and 316-L Stainless has 900 LBS. Tensil Strength .... like 3legg said ..... USE Grade 8 OR 17-4 Stainless ...
17,000 LBS. Tensil !!! i heard that the "ARP" Bolt's are STRONG !!!
they use then in Race Car's ...

max
08-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Mosh...... I already had a 295. Just found out that the arent going to have to resleeve. They found a piston through LA Sleeve. The last bore on this sleeve. The piston is a 73.5mm. Talk about monster. Stock is 65mm, its almost .340 thousands. Ready to rock it baby.

Yamahonda----My motor is an 87. Which was the short rod. But I have and aftermarket hot rod which is the longer one (88-89). I dont have a spacer, they make up for the extended travel in the piston pin location. Which is moved up so the piston doesnt blow through the head. Ive heard you loose alot of compression using spacers. Some pics tonite. I promiss

250Rchica
08-09-2006, 08:51 PM
sorry this isnt much, and my motor is at work but here we are. The pic of the seat is a before pic. Mosh Inc. will be hooking me up with my new seat cover I won at TF. :w00t: Its gonna be freaking sweet. Im going to get
295R on the sides with OEM blue. Then "Master Climber" along the back. Mabey in cursive. The wife wants me to put "King of the Hill". I dont know. What do you all think?

350Xhilaration
08-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Might wanna log in as youself, Fabio.

This is great...Max says: "I SUPPORT MY 3WHEELIN LOVIN MAN"

That seat will set it off for sure. King of the Hill would be cool if people don't associate you with a certain propane and propane accessories salesman.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Mosh
08-09-2006, 11:12 PM
:welcome: chica:beer .how do ya like this seat? you know if you can think it.we can do it.ya gonna let me take that machine for a ride sometime?

3leggeddog
08-09-2006, 11:39 PM
mosh,that is siick!!!!

i think you should put "scareface"on there!!or king of the hill

this winter i want "3leggeddog" on the back of mine,and "OTC" on the sides.yeah baby,yeah!!!!

350xBomb
08-10-2006, 03:37 AM
Mosh....those are some sweet seats you make there. Ill keep ya in mind when I start in on my customization.
And Max....what would the 295 be comparable to? Is it still pretty reliable?

max
08-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Might wanna log in as youself, Fabio.

This is great...Max says: "I SUPPORT MY 3WHEELIN LOVIN MAN"

That seat will set it off for sure. King of the Hill would be cool if people don't associate you with a certain propane and propane accessories salesman.

Can't wait to see it finished.

That is Rachael. I dont know how to post pics so I had her do it.

The 295 is very reliable in my opinion. I beat mine to death. The only reason for tear down were my seals leaking. Nice smooth low-end baby. Just what the hills like.

B- you think I should get scarface on the back?

max
08-24-2006, 05:16 PM
The 295R is up and running. The bike is on the last of its bores. Which rumor has is, actually makes it a 310. OUCH!!! THe bike is all about the low and mid range. Just how I like it for trailing. I added the NEW V-FORCE 3 reed. These things are narly man. Highly recommended. A step up from the VF2's. Im going to wash her up and post some pics tonite.

Didnt do anything as far as touch up. All in all the bike is pretty presentable. Cosmic Quads will have my cover done here in a couple weeks. It is to say 295r on sides and Adrenaline Rush on the back in cursive.

I got the 'Adrenaline Rush' from the rush of climbing......making it to the top......that feeling......you cant hear anything........your heart blasting......all you can think is WOW!!!! F yeah!!!!! Im the king of the WOOORLLLD!!!!! Plus its an old rap song done by TWISTA.

350Xhilaration
08-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Cool...can't wait to see pics...and in person.

3leggeddog
08-24-2006, 07:22 PM
glad it's runnin bud.so you like the 3's?pretty snappy down low huh!i can't wait to ri around on that beast.let's see them thar pics. dog breath!!!!

Mosh
08-24-2006, 07:42 PM
max,no seat unless i get a ride.lol.j/k. no we are working on it now.anywhoo. gotta run the 310z vs. the 310 r.shoutout time yammie vs. honda

max
08-30-2006, 08:45 PM
She is ok. Could have touched her up nicer. Just cant justify all that work when im going to tear it up. Should have the seat on there in a couple weeks. Will repost with pics. Thanks for checking it out!!!!>:beer

3leggeddog
08-30-2006, 08:48 PM
SIICK,she looks good bud,you ready for this weekend?whats up,i'm callin you,pick up the phone