PDA

View Full Version : short track kit questions?

wanta86r
06-14-2006, 09:58 AM
could someone post a scan of the short track kit instuructions, i have a complete kit minus the instrctions, and i'd like to have a look at them- thanks- matt

deathman53
06-14-2006, 01:54 PM
I didn't need the instructions, take off your gas tank, radiators, radiator guards and backets, replace the radiator brackets with the short track one and put back in the radiators, take the petcock and groments off of the gas tank and put them on the short track tank, bolt on the gas tank, then put on the shrouds.
Then lossen the front axle, fork tripples, take off the top tripple, loosen the bottom tripple. Then put the bike up on the grab bar, take out the front hub, forks, then take off the bottom tripple, grease and put in the short track tripple, tighten it up, then put in the top tripple, slide back in the forks and put everyting back as you took it off. When you got the bike back on the ground, go over everything and make sure it is tight. It easier than you think to put in, if you know how to replace your forks, you can do it without thinking much.

wanta86r
06-14-2006, 01:56 PM
yea, i know how to do this, i've restored a few R's, i just wanted to see the actual instructions, thanks for your help though

petesatc
06-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Here some photo's of the instructions but it's big 3'x2' not got a scanner that big!! hope it helps anyway:)

wanta86r
06-14-2006, 07:21 PM
thanks alot for the pics, thats what i wanted