PDA

View Full Version : 250R steering wobble.

X2guy
06-13-2006, 05:09 PM
I finally got to take my 86 250R complete resto for a rip. What a riot! Anyway...I noticed a slight wobble in the steering while driving down the road. I took my hands off the bars in about 2nd and the handle bars started to wobble back and forth progressively getting worse. This wasn't the tank slapping violent shake like I have experienced on older motocross bikes and the odd time on my 02 CR. Only a wobble. Is this normal? The last time I rode a trike was about 15 years ago and it was a 250sx.

DeePa
06-13-2006, 05:29 PM
its not normal...retighten the steering stem nut

mike

FryJet
06-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Not normal, Honda didnt have a factory wobble option.....lol. Probably the stem like DeePa said, but just for giggles check your front rim and tire to make sure they are true. Also check that there is no water or liquid in the tire. I've seen people use Fix-a-Flat and then have that problem, that stuff is bad ju ju in my book. Hope that helps.
F.J.

SWIGIN
06-13-2006, 06:31 PM
i have had trikes wobble on a paved road when i let go of the bars at slow speed...but never wile holding on to the bars...sounds normal to me

slothminx
06-13-2006, 06:58 PM
There is something wrong if it wobbles. Axle slightly bent, wheel bent. Its not normal to have it wobble :rolleyes:

SWIGIN
06-13-2006, 07:16 PM
There is something wrong if it wobbles. Axle slightly bent, wheel bent. Its not normal to have it wobble :rolleyes:

hahaha....you might be on to something....i probaly did always have a bent axle