PDA

View Full Version : Pic's of my completed 350X at trikefest!!

sandpuppi101
06-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Well I finally have some pic's of my finished 350X,this time of the complete machine and not little blurry specs,just the finished project.She is a garage queen with pretty much no mod's,except for putting on a K&N filter and getting rid of the airbox.It is basically an '85 frame and motor ,bone stock-with '86 350X incorperated into it as well as a 400ex rear caliper.I had some powdercoating ,but mostly painting done to it! The frame was done in a 2 tone anodized red ,to give it the illusion of looking a darker vs liter color,by the way it was looked at.The swinger and misc.parts were in a light blue anodized color.Also 2 tone -to give it a diffent look at certain angles as well.A sweet custm polised backbar was added as well as lot's of chrome!!The rear fenders and garnish are all stock ,as well as the '86 seat,and the front fender being aftermarket.I went with the '87 wing decals on the tank,which I thought looked awesome .The tank was painted in a white base coat with both blue and red pearl added,also giving the illusion of being a different color at different angles.As for the rubber,I went with the stock tire and '86 mag wheel on the front,and on the rears I went with 8" 200X wheels and custom 350X hubs with a set of carlisle rawhide tractor tread tire's.The tires would bring the machine straight up in 3rd,a bit aggressive!! The motor went through a 5 step process ,to where the lower case was polished and the jug as well as the head were in a gold polished finished product!! I had intended on doing a vas amount of hardcore engine mod's ,but as the project progressed I found myself overwhelmed with the customizing that I never did anything to the stock motor.All and all I think it turned out pretty nice,and like I posted before -the finished product mostly came from your ideas,just in chat and elsewhere.Next year ,I am planning on building another custom trike,and now that I have been to Trikefest and seen other's sweet trikes,I see that I will have alot of planning and work to do!!!I would like to say thanks to all of the people who hooked me up with my custom parts and help me in the build ,no names mentioned you know who you are,and I look forward to my next build!!!;)

knsmodels
06-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Sweet X......I like it.......:Bounce

mean350
06-13-2006, 10:10 AM
what size tires are those? trike looks awesome!!!!!

sandpuppi101
06-13-2006, 10:17 AM
The tire were 20x10x8 and let me tell you with the torque of that motor,they hooked up hard!! If I rode the machine in the Haspin mud,they would of worked great ,but I kept her clean!! I got it dusty but not muddy!!!!

Lomax
06-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Turned out good. Nice and simple yet so defined from the mix.