PDA

View Full Version : 84-85 Tecate carb boot "carb holder"

hadar
06-12-2006, 04:45 PM
I know that the carb boot for the 84-85 tecate is no longer available through kawasaki. Are there any replacement or retrofit options for this part? I have a few of them but they are all in less then great shape. Any thoughts?

jsimonh
06-12-2006, 10:47 PM
I've read that the KX250 83-84 boot works, but I don't know. They are 45.00 bucks on bikebandit.com I'm also in need of one, but I'm still looking for another option. I hope some of the Tecate guys will chime in and give us some better options:D .

deathman53
06-12-2006, 10:55 PM
a kx250 intake is alittle bit shorter and the carb opening is bigger, it will work, you might need to reed spacer or bigger carb. For most things kx250 motor parts will work in a 84/85 tecate. I'm talking about a 83/84 kx250. When I had my tecate, I got a motor with a kx clyinder on tecate bottom end and it had a kx250 intake, almost the same as tecate.

Bigbore
06-12-2006, 11:19 PM
The KX boot will work! Performance upgrades for the '84 - '85 Tecate that were promoted by Kawasaki and in Dirt Wheels, back in '84 - '85, was to order a KX cylinder and head (they even gave the part number). Its a direct install. The performance is increased because the exhaust port changes and the diameter of the exhaust port. Compression was a little different too. The intake boot, carb, reed assy., will all work to make more HP. I'll look through some of the old issues and see if I can find the info.

deathman53
06-13-2006, 08:26 AM
you also can reference the "Jimmy white Replica manual", it states about use of the kx cylinder, kx intake, kx stator.

hadar
06-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks, I'll look into it. I'm sure the 83-84 kx250 had a 38mm which makes me wonder how to make it work. I suppose it can be rigged some how. A nos one would be sweet.

scooterroo
06-13-2006, 10:12 PM
i dipped mine in a rubber type coating on the outside. its the same thing you dip plyer handles in to give them that grippy feel, stuff worked awesome, sealed up every crack in my bad intake boot, looks practically new again. havent tryed it out yet though cuz i am not done with my bike yet, but my brother turned me onto the idea, he did it before on his quadracer, believe he still has the same boot on his bike to this day. might be something for yah to try.

jsimonh
06-13-2006, 10:39 PM
scooterroo, that's funny because I was thinking about dipping mine in the left over Red-Kote I have. I'm not sure how good that stuff will bond to it, but it's gas proof and has a rubber type texture. I may give it a try. Can't hurt nothin!:beer