PDA

View Full Version : Looked what rolled in the shop today, WOW Updated 7-24-06

Lomax
06-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Never thought I would see the day a guy kills an 88 TRX250R to build a 85 ATC250R (It has the 88's engine) but here it is. ITs been setting for about 5 years now is what I was told. All the fenders are OEM that were purchased before the last ride it was taken on so they are in amazing condition. The swingarm, and both engine sidecases have been chromed to add to the look. Sorry the engine is torn down on one side, I forgot to take a picture before I started working on it. Oh, the customer said that when I am done with it he is likley going to sell for a very reasonable price, I'll know more on that later and if he does, then I will post it in the classified so it will have a better chance of staying in good condition.
-Will

wheelie king
06-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Damn, that's pretty nice. And you are right, it's not all the time that someone actually goes from 4 to 3 wheels for a dune project. What do you think he is gonna want for it?

max
06-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Do you have your own little shop, or are you just helping a friend?

Lomax
06-12-2006, 05:38 PM
He's talking about 1500 for the machine if he decides to sell. Its not really a dune machine as we have no dunes around here, the last time it was used was out on the sandbar and he just never took the paddles back off. He still has the OEM gold wheels to go back on it.
Yeah I have the local ATV shop, here's what the place looks like
-Will

old honda dealr
06-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Lomax how far are you from Dallas?

Lomax
06-13-2006, 09:48 AM
about 2 1/2 hours. somthing like that
-Will

Lomax
06-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with the owner of it and It looks like I might get lucky enough to call it my own. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
-Will

wheelie king
06-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Let us know what happens!

Yamaha Tri-Moto
06-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Cool, 1500 sounds cheap.

Tri-Z 250
06-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Nice clean shop really like the floor great touch. I guess the question is whats reasonable to us. 1500 to a colector and general fan of trikes....yeah if its running and you feel its worth it. I'd say if the budgit permits a new project, go for it. Are you giving him your best professional advice.... "$ to doughnuts sir I believe you'll rap more $ into restoration than the bike is worth (hehe)...you also know there outlawed right." Hope you get it for a fare deal...goodluck!

Lomax
06-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Well the owner came by yesterday and took my Suzuki Vinson for a test ride. He came back today and said that he would pick it up monday so this is working out better than I thought. Instead of buying the R or finding him a quad to trade, He is Trading his 250r in against my Vinson and picking up the difference of 2100. I get out of debt and get an 250r thats awsome. God I hope my luck dont fall through.

crd00
06-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Good luck with it, the R would proably go to better use if you bought it anyway will:lol: and I ecspecially like the 250sx headlight:naughty:

Lomax
06-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, I bought it. The trade went through sucsessfully and she is now in her new owners arms lol. After I get the cover back on I'll wash it up and take a few nice shots of it

69HemiGTX
06-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Good to hear! At least she will be cared for properly and not get the snot beaten out of her. BTW, that's one nice shop you have.

Lomax
07-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Its alive again finally. Took me over a month to get the time to work on it. I took the headlight off of my 86 and installed on here because I have a number plate on the way (thanks aussie) for it. I didnt really clean it up just great as I am not in the mood for hours of scrubing. It seems to run good engine wise but the carb could use some attention. The frame paint is AASSSS with a capital A so I got another frame that is about to be sprayed black. I guess the list includes
Rebuild the front forks
NEw 38mm carb with airbox eliminated
New front bearings
New front brake master cyclinder
New chrome ESR exhaust system
Black fork boots
Black shock wear to cover up the blue
I think that ought to do it. Anyway here are a few updated pictures of it a little cleaner and out in the sunlight

OZQUAD44
07-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Well done, good to see another ledgend three wheeler saved from the peasants!

mrbones
07-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Nice lookin' R. That seat looks so comfy. How does it ride?

What kind of tank is that? I'm making my R all black and need a black tank.

Lomax
07-28-2006, 01:26 PM
the machine rides really good. The seat is very soft, it pushes you to the front of the machine so you can the wheel down. The gas tank is an OEM Honda unit. They made a limited number of them in black, This is one of them