PDA

View Full Version : 200x just honed, about to put together, few questions...

Solid Snake
06-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Just got the 200x cylinder honed at the local shop and ordered the top-end gasket kit on hyperparts.com. I had them check all the gasket surfaces for any warpage on the cylinder, head, and head cover, as well as the surface on the crankcase where the cylinder base gasket goes. They took the entire head apart, checked it all out, cleaned it up and such. Before I put it back together I need to know a few things. One of the studs is loose, it literally screwed right out with my fingers, figured I'd ask you guys about tightening studs before calling them tommorrow, I searched and didn't find anything. Should I loctite the studs where they go into the cases or just tighten them in really good? Also is there just one o-ring that goes in the cylinder head around the one dowel pin or should one go at the cylinder base as well? Thanks for all your help, I've gotten nothing but good advice in the past here.

wanta250r
06-12-2006, 05:04 AM
I think there's only one o-ring. Not 100% sure though.

Solid Snake
06-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Anyone have any input on the studs? I looked in the Honda manual and the Clymer's and all I found was a part where it says "check to make sure the studs are tight".