PDA

View Full Version : ATC aftermarket goodies found

ATCwithdrawals
06-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Stopped in to see what the guy had at this salvage yard(its called wheeler world)
and we got talking about some stuff he had got when he bought out some smell ATV repair shops back a few years ago and this is what I got from him today 1 Miaers speedometer for ATC 250es and 1 speedometer for 185-200s and a toe/heel shifter bolt on kit made by Maiers and 1 headlight guard for a 200s all still in original package just took them out for pics because the bags were so dirty to see through. He also had a nice complete headlight assembly(shroud lens and bracket ) for a 86 KXT and a DG performance head for a 250R aircooled(big bore I think?) I'm going to buy them off him next trip. Here's a couple pics didn't get any when looking around at his place because it was pouring outside and he didn't have much for lighting. Any idea what a DG per. head is worth???

edog
06-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Nice score.

RideRed250R
06-10-2006, 11:42 PM
if its a dg, its for a stock cylinder 250R air cooled, should bring in around 90 fair condition, in the box easy 180 i would think
Adam

ATCwithdrawals
06-11-2006, 08:10 AM
It was a DG perf (anadized gold) head, it looked awfully big, and a wide bolt hole pattern. some of the cooling fins on the top front had rubbed marks. The other thing was that I never new Maiers made speedometer kits (Traverite) for ATC's. This guy had a barn full of tanks , forks fenders. The most I've seen at any salvage yard yet. The stuff he has laying outside in the feild is nothing compared to what he has in storage. I had been there before too, but he never showed me where he wsa hiding all this stuff.:w00t:

PS does anybody have any pics of these DG heads or where to look to compare?? thanks todd

ATCwithdrawals
06-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Nobody else has any info on this DG head?? I thought I saw another member on here that had one?? Any more info or pics would be helpful. Thanks

Maine_Triker
06-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Hey Todd,

To my understanding DJ made 2 kinds of performance heads for the R's, an air cooled one and a liquid cooled one. Both are pretty rare, and if it's a liquid one it is quite a find.

Yamaha Tri-Moto
06-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Nice find for sure, I never come across things like that.

Air-cooled-R
06-14-2006, 04:23 PM
ive been told the DG head is made to make the air coolers run cooler. They'er pretty trick as well. My bud has a couple of 'em they look great on a bike. Like a few others have said, they're pretty rare. I don't know where you could compare them. On ebay, they go from $20 to $200...........................

ATCwithdrawals
06-14-2006, 09:39 PM
thanks for the input eveybody, I was thinking about buying it, but since I'm not to familiar with these parts , wasn't sure if it was made for a Honda dirtbike or something else .

Trike Dude
06-14-2006, 09:57 PM
It's completely wortheless and prolly nothing you would want to have laying around.

You should send it to me, I like to put junk on my foola :)

ATCwithdrawals
06-14-2006, 10:02 PM
You are sort of right TD, It is worthless to me because I don't have an airfooler to put this on, but maybe someday I will::D

Maine_Triker
06-15-2006, 03:27 PM
You are sort of right TD, It is worthless to me because I don't have an airfooler to put this on, but maybe someday I will::D
Yeah, in the mean time, can I borrow it? :lol: :naughty:

LonesomeTriZ
06-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Where is wheeler world located?

ATCwithdrawals
06-15-2006, 04:18 PM
:lol:
Yeah, in the mean time, can I borrow it? :lol: :naughty:
Possibly. Let me get it home first then I will give you a call. WARNING: not responsible if it makes your machine go to fast!:lol: