PDA

View Full Version : project garage queen is underway

86tri-z270
06-04-2006, 11:09 PM
well.... my whole plans to sell the Z and make a down payment on a trx450r fell... wayyyyyy through... so as of today project Z is underway...any ideas? im thinking like... maybe mettalic orange frame and components with blake metal flake powder coated engine ? huh huh? any ideas ?

86tri-z270
06-04-2006, 11:10 PM
NVM i did it

jason 32
06-05-2006, 01:14 AM
hey ,whats up well there is nothing like the yellow and black attack!!!
sky is the limit man!! there is so many custom colors out there
graphic you can have made at a local store maby? check the phone book for listing its worth it !!! good luck man keep us posted k? pics are great too!!!

86tri-z270
06-05-2006, 07:43 AM
well the before pics... im not going to bother until the breakdown... but if you look at the sig and avvy they give you a good impression on how shitty it currently is

Mike_Ham_250R
06-05-2006, 07:56 AM
How about just sell it to me for $750-800?? LOL. Anyway, you could do all kinds of stuff, I'm thinking of a few schemes right now.. Mmmm I'll reply later.

Mike_Ham_250R
06-05-2006, 08:17 AM
I say polish that engine all up, do the frame like a Woodland Green Metalic (it was on the 99-02 Ford Super duty trucks) or like some type of forest green. Then black or white fenders.. mmmm still thinking.

86tri-z270
06-05-2006, 09:03 AM
i thought of some sort of green then i photochoped a pic of my z and it didnt look right... orange mettalic is still a winner.... im also thinking back to stock? but thats to plain its already been done to many times... i want a z that no one else has

86tri-z270
06-05-2006, 07:53 PM
did the teardown today... realized that the previous owner didnt know what bolts were... most of the things... air box intake boots... all kinda stuff was held on with zip ties... but all things aside i pulled my spair frame out of the junk pile... and then sand blasted it and primed it... im going to wet sand the prime tommorow to see the flaws... after this i cut the spare swingarm and added a 6 inch box frame support to it (in other words extended it 6 inches ) now... i pulled the engine... which was a work in itself and realized i need some parts... as in ... the stator cover and the right side casing... which i kind of knew but didnt know that much... anyway... so im bidding on some stuff on ebay currently... o and tommorow... we will be welding the +30 degree rake onto the spare frame.... ordering the bigger shocks... new brake pads... and new piston update soon... pics tonight or tommorow

jonnyb
06-05-2006, 08:37 PM
hopefully it turns out good, that 450 will be well worth that tri-z;)