PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the help have one more question

Jr_454
06-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the help on the carb got the old girl up and running today tri moto rides again until the recoil and the pully that the cord wraps around broke. Does any one know if they is any place that sells these or is there a trick on how to put the sping back in the recoil. Thanks

traxxasx
06-04-2006, 11:03 PM
ive only done it once before and it hurts like hell and is not worth it. Messed up my hands and took hours. Yamaha still sell the pull start , also i know hyper parts does or bikebandit. Im sure somone on here has one post up in the classifieds.

Unclediezel
06-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Traxxasx beat me to it-----

But he is absolutely right...I still have a 3inch scar on my thumb from My recoil....If I remember correctly , they werent that expensive.

jason 32
06-05-2006, 01:19 AM
sorry i dont know for sure ,but i think they are discontniued parts
yea im scared ,i just bought the same one!!! geting ready to rebuild it ,after my 200x,of course ---- check www.bikebandit.com for microfiche you might be able to see a exploded view of it!!!!!!!! good luck-jason

traxxasx
06-05-2006, 03:29 AM
sorry i dont know for sure ,but i think they are discontniued parts
yea im scared ,i just bought the same one!!! geting ready to rebuild it ,after my 200x,of course ---- check www.bikebandit.com for microfiche you might be able to see a exploded view of it!!!!!!!! good luck-jason

The tri moto's I think maybe has the mosy avalible parts. I went down to yamaha the looked it up and i saw many many parts still avalible almost the whole trike. You can buy the whole pull start unit as one at yahmaha, but its a lil expensive. I think when i went to get mine they said 190$, or maybe it was 90$. Im not sure but it was enough for me to say noway. So i just posted in the classifieds and got a couple people with them, got mine from smackkk, i think howdy has one. Umm i think lonsomtriz has one, just do a post and you will get one cheap. Or you can do an ebay search there a guy parting out a whole 225 on there. Got mine for i think 45$.

Unclediezel
06-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Heres the deal.......

EVERY NUT AND BOLT, for a Trimoto is still available . After 4 or 5 years, the parts were all shipped back to JApan ,the dealerships got credit on the parts , and the new model parts were shipped in. ----If your dealership is willing to spend the time on you--(Although most arent) --you can still get anything you want, Just with a small additional charge for shipping.

OldManDM
06-07-2006, 12:32 AM
i don`t know about the yamaha recoils,but the Honda`s are easy....i`ve rewound more of them than i even care to think about...makes me wonder what it is about these yamaha ones that are so lethal to ya`ll,lol

Yamahauler
06-07-2006, 12:43 AM
I just take mine to John Deere and they do it for free.

ive never had to take my Yami one apart though....Yet....I know its coming eventually, seems like everything else has :lol:

traxxasx
06-07-2006, 03:39 AM
I just take mine to John Deere and they do it for free.

ive never had to take my Yami one apart though....Yet....I know its coming eventually, seems like everything else has :lol:

Yea if you dont use the tdc, or the decompression lever, they will go out fast.

Yamahauler
06-07-2006, 09:39 AM
I usually never use the recoil, but the electric start took a dump, so thats all I got, and I got the trike torn down now looking for the problem.

traxxasx
06-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I usually never use the recoil, but the electric start took a dump, so thats all I got, and I got the trike torn down now looking for the problem.

Lol i cant even use the electric start mine is missing wires, and other componets that connects to the wire system like all the stuff under the seat is gone. i wanted to get a peice of sheet metal or somthing and fab up a plate to cover the hole so i can take the starter off.