PDA

View Full Version : ATC 110 or 125M

kzoo3wheeler
03-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy my first trike on a very limited budget. I've got two options in the 500 dollar range right now and the trikes are damn near mint.

1980 ATC 110 and a early 80's 125M

What are your thoughts on either of them..besides the obvious CC factor.

I know that the 125 is electric start vs the pull start.

Does either one stick in your head as...a better trike....they are both in like new condition..and pristine.

Any help would be great.

Here are pics of the 110 available

http://www.fish-forum.com/images1/honda2.jpg
http://www.fish-forum.com/images1/Honda3.jpg

250r83
03-25-2003, 02:24 AM
That is a really nice trike. I would buy it and resell it on e-bay to jump up your spending cash. You don't find that many in that nice of condition. The 110's are nice, I'm not sure how much you weigh but that is a factor. If you buy any machine you will have fun on it for awhile but if it is too small you will get tired of it fast, especially when you can't keep up with someone because you are short on power or suspension. I would try to find something with suspension unless you buy it to sell it and make some extra cash. If you don't buy that, run it by Howdy, that biotch has all the fun toys.

scott

Ivan T
03-25-2003, 04:00 AM
If the 125 is in the same condition go for it. It is a bit heavier but has a front brake and a more powerful headlight.
The extra power is also noticeable. As you can see though the rest is very similar so i would buy on condition.

Borrow the money and get both?

atcmatt
03-25-2003, 06:06 AM
yeah nice 110 get both i say

but if i were u and could only get 1 get the 125 bigger motor ( NOT BY MUCH) and it has electric start i hate pull start arggggggg

good luck

matt

kzoo3wheeler
03-25-2003, 10:29 AM
Thanks alot for all of your help. I'm 5'8 and 175lbs. I'm very new to the whole 3 wheeler scene. This forum has been an asset.

The 125 he wanted like 700.00 for. So there is a price increase. I think for about 200 I can pull start.

I've had a few tell me that the 110 is considered a "Grandma" trike. But then again I see a lot of 110 posts on here. I assume it's just one of your great rides??

Ok...so if I pass on these two...for a new rider...being I'm 26 years old..and don't plan on getting heavier than 175...what's the best all around trike for the money.

Is there one that stands out as a solid trike, that has adequate power, and pretty inexpensive on the marketplace??

Thanks everyone!!

-Joe

Ivan T
03-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Depends on your kind of riding, I enjoy riding a 200S most of the time.

If you want to get some speed up I guess the 200X is ideal.