PDA

View Full Version : A question

TheGreg
05-31-2006, 10:34 PM
today i was trying to find out what was wrong with the rear brake on my ytm 200 and when i opened the case for it up, i found a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* load of greasey sludge, my brother told me it was from dirt and dust and such collecting, but i thought it may be some kind of lubricant for the break,....we both know nothing about machines like this so i know someone on here could help me out.

thanx
-Greg

Yamahauler
05-31-2006, 11:34 PM
There shouldnt be any grease at all in there....clean it out spray everything with brake cleaner and get them perfectly clean, you might want to replace your break pads too.

Unclediezel
06-01-2006, 12:19 AM
If this is a shaft drive machine, check the diff fluid, Or chain grease, if it isnt. Any thing greasy or oily near your brakes is a BAD thing. Just make sure it isnt a fluid that made its way to someplace it doesnt belong.

TheGreg
06-01-2006, 12:55 AM
it is chain drivin and it is a 1983 and i can easily say it is probably the first time it was ever opened, my brake pads are completely worn down and this is the reason why i opened it up in the first place, to figure out why my bake brakes werent working hahaha. But in this case I am going to get it nice and cleaned up :) thanx for the info guys, i'll keep posting questions as i continue to fix up my nice new ride :)

thanx again

-Greg

jason 32
06-02-2006, 05:01 AM
brakes are not lubricated
clean out the system and sand the glaze off the drum or your brakes will not work
worth a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*!!!! replace thepads with new ones clean your chain!! grease could be flying in there when it gets hot