PDA

View Full Version : YTM200 and 225DX engine pics request

ange
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM
guys, looking at buying a chinese knock off bike as a little project.

I have a hunch, it's a knock off Yamaha 200 engine in there. First thing that I noticed was it had the same bore & stroke as a YTM200.

Here's the only pic I have of this engine:
http://www.qlinkmotor.com/CGI-BIN/36_5.jpg

questions:
1)on the chain drive YTM's, is the sprocket on the left side of the engine like this one?

2)isn't that a timing chain tensioner on the right side of the jug,(the brass colored bolt)? (if I remember from matt's and my 225dx overhauls thats where it was)

If I could get some close ups, or if others could just verify these things, along w/ the starter location on the 225dx as being the same, in front of the engine(I think it was) it would help me narrow down replacement parts compatability. (high comp. pistons, general gaskets and other parts)

thanks guys.

ange
:TrikesOwn

ange
05-31-2006, 08:41 PM
crap, I'm pretty damn sure it's the same motor thats even used in the new Yamaha TW200 bikes, exact same bore/stroke, same compression ratio.
if anyone else has any insight, let me know.

Trikeaholic
05-31-2006, 09:39 PM
sure does look the same. Wish we still had some of those trikes out in the barn. Looks like a sweet dual sport from the pics. The guy that mows our lawn at work s buddy bought a chinese quad last year, flogs in mercilessly and he loves it! never broke it , he says, runs great and fast for a 250 4 stroke. FWIW

thefox
05-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Looks like i is very similar to the YTM motor. Chain drive is on the left side and that is the cam chain adjuster. But on the YTM the cam chain adjuster is manual and then the YFM had a automatic adjuster like the one on that engine. The electric starter is on the front of the engine like the engine above too. If you want some pictures I can snap a few tomorrow.

traxxasx
06-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Damn looks the same wonder how cheap an after market exhaust would be?? Anyways here some pics of both sides of my engine when i first picked the 225dx up.

WIkid500
06-01-2006, 07:40 PM
yes the chain is on the left side of the engine on the 200. also the front engine mount looks the same as the yamaha. sorry I cant get you pics my ride is up north.

jason 32
06-02-2006, 03:36 AM
hi - check bike bandits microfiche and see
yes thats the chain adjuster ,but thats the left side
looks the same huh?