PDA

View Full Version : what oil to run? look here!

HRC1
05-31-2006, 07:59 PM
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=14329

This guy goes by the name dez, and he works in the oil industry. Now he's referring to the TRX 450r here and it uses 2 seperate oils in it(the gearbox is seperate from the crankcase) Since all atc's use shared oils, go with his recomendations for the gearbox side. I have been using shell rotella T full syn for some time now, dirt cheap and one of the best. Just thought you guys might like a little insight. You can also search the forum for his posts or just search oil. :beer

OldSchoolin86
05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
There's a lot of good full synthetics out there now. He was right in what he said but he left a lot of good options out. There was just a good thread on this here.

HRC1
05-31-2006, 10:40 PM
Mobil1 , rotella and amsoil being some of, if not best out. I just thought i'd throw it up because there are alot of full syn's that we don't want to run in our trikes, (i.e. any oil with friction modifiers in it, makes clutches slip) And dez goes verry indepth with letting you know what oils contain those.

Meat-BoX
05-31-2006, 10:49 PM
My clutch kinda catches and makes a weird noise before I take off. It usually takes off on its own. I was wondering if it was a an old clutch setup or the lame Valvoline 10w/30 Anyway I bought a full Barnett Clutch kit and found some "NOS Clutch goodies for it. I havnt installed it as I only ride it like 3 times a year for 5 minutes. But now with the 01 Raptor shock in it I expect to ride it alot. Any recomdationd on Oil and anyone want to do my clutch at the Fest:w00t: I will Pay.:beer

dgould
06-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Honda GN4 seams to work well in all of our bikes. We don't have the clutch problems with it like lots have had with syn.

jason 32
06-02-2006, 04:56 AM
hi you did'nt say in the gear box or crankcase?
you should'nt use synth in crank untill its broke in!! the rings need to seat!!