PDA

View Full Version : Jet size, and opinions on pipes.

Russell 350X
05-31-2006, 10:12 AM
What is the stock jet size for my 1983 honda ATC200? I think it might need a bigger one,acts like it dosent get enough fuel. I'm buying a Cobra Megaphone for it this summer, will I need to bump the jet up anyway? Or if I leave the stock size in there will it run better with just the Cobra MegaPhone? I looked at the DG RCM pipes too, do they more power than the Cobra, do they sound better? Thanks guys.

Russ

als 200s
05-31-2006, 09:10 PM
the stock jet is a 95 as for pipes its your preference

jason 32
06-02-2006, 05:16 AM
does it run ? / check your spark plug if its black it is rich
if it is white it is lean ( need bigger jets pilot and main)
check this no matter what pipe you use!!!!!!!

MG200x
06-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Hey, ever since i put my supertrapp on the 84 200x it's been making popping noises every time i rev'd it up. does this mean i need to get a bigger jet?

nouseforaname90
06-03-2006, 11:02 AM
^My SX (w/ SuperTrapp) does that too.. but only when I am coasting downhill and I let off the throttle. I figured that I needed to put in a bigger jet, but my spark plug is a nice brown color, so I guess not. Check your plug.. it will tell all.
EDIT: Check your plug AFTER you put in a new one and run it for a little bit..

chris200x
06-03-2006, 11:17 AM
That pooping noise is just a little unburnt fuel. Really no biggie. Samething happens on my quad.

What is the stock jet size for my 1983 honda ATC200? I think it might need a bigger one,acts like it dosent get enough fuel. I'm buying a Cobra Megaphone for it this summer, will I need to bump the jet up anyway? Or if I leave the stock size in there will it run better with just the Cobra MegaPhone? I looked at the DG RCM pipes too, do they more power than the Cobra, do they sound better? Thanks guys.

If your running the stock air filter you may get away with the carb settings the way they are now. Once the pipe is installed just do a plug check to see if its rich or lean. (just like nouse said.)

Russell 350X
06-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Well I have a UNI air filter on it, do ya think that is enough to make it need a bigger jet? The spark plug is a brown/tan color like it should be, but it still acts like it isnt getting enough.